Lets talk covenant

Adam91

Drizzy_Dan gave me the idea to do this thread so credits to him.

Now as the titles states lets talk about the covenant

The covenant will be returning as as stated in the bulletin.

"Will there be any Covenant presence in Campaign or Multiplayer? Be it weaponry, equipment, architecture, etc. –Lloyd Jo en es"

"Yes. The Covenant will definitely return, albeit in a completely (graphically, politically and sonically) overhauled form, but they may be the least of your problems."

What caught my attention in BS Angels/Frank O'connors answer was when they stated the word "politically" could that mean new leaders could be taking over of whats left of the covenant and are trying to rebuild it again or am I jumping in a different direction than what they actually mean, also when they mention "but they may be the least of your problems" ok after the humans victory over the human covenant war the covenant suffered huge losses and their military forces weakened dramatically so by them being the least of our problems could they be a side enemy, remnants of the covenant that we bump into sometimes through out the campaign.

And finally they state "graphically" and "sonically" that just seems to me the covenant will be enhanced by looks and sounds like the rest of the game.

So guys care to discuss what you think the covenants role/story will be and also discuss what the main enemy will be since the covenant are not our main concern the forerunners, precursors the flood even?.

Well, the biggest thing that could change politically for the convenant is that they could side with Humanity, although that would be unlikely due to the heavy tensions that have been built between the covenant races and humans. That or they may try to regain power by somehow using the forerunner creations, or they may let the Precursors or forerunners lead them as there are still going to be religious groups. In letting themselves be lead by the forerunners/prescursors, they may once again become an enemy.

Well, the biggest thing that could change politically for the convenant is that they could side with Humanity, although that would be unlikely due to the heavy tensions that have been built between the covenant races and humans. That or they may try to regain power by somehow using the forerunner creations, or they may let the Precursors or forerunners lead them as there are still going to be religious groups. In letting themselves be lead by the forerunners/prescursors, they may once again become an enemy.

i was thinking maybe the covenant would side with the humans for some huge reason but its a long shot

precousers are gone! there is only one left! the forrunners are gone to! halo array. do ANY of you know the halo storyline??????

precousers are gone! there is only one left! the forrunners are gone to! halo array. do ANY of you know the halo storyline??????

Yup. Seems you dont. Forerunners are still on the cards. There are plenty of Shield Worlds out there, how do you know a few are not in dormant?

yes alot of us do know the halo storyline just guessing that 343i may create a story line which could give a good reason why their are other forerunner that could still be around, OK!!

Covanent? halo 4? no...i heard that this new enemy is something totally new, and the forerunners got it covered. If you go through the terminals in halo anniversary it goes through and hints on a few things.(at least thats what it seemed like)

yes but the covenant is coming back but probably not as the main enemy

Not at all, but since bungie no longer has control over halo dont you think that they would try to put a new mark into the halo series such as bungie did with their amazing enemies and story line. my friends and i discussed this over and over and were all pretty sure that there aren't going to be covenant, seeing as how halo 3 legendary ending was of master chief not getting through, and being stuck on the other half of the ship, and the trailer for months before shows a blinding light that master chief floats into.. we all doubt that any covenant are going to be there... but we could be wrong so...

They will have to make a whole new enemy. The forrunners are dead storyline wise, and so are the precoursours and such... It will have to be some new enemy, because the flood is defeated and the covenant is defeated. and I think most fans are tired of them. I would like the covanant weopons and vehicles to stay. (banshees)