Can we get a Bare Bones playlist?

Kyuun

Seriously. I'm sick and tired of seeing the other team rush for the power weapons. Sword Base is an example: EVERYONE and their mother rushes for the power weapons and camps.

Bare Bones playlist gets rid of all of those. I like using the abilities, but I would like to have the power weapons replaced with other things. An example is replacing the Sniper Rifle with the Beam Rifle.

The rockets with the grenade launcher, shotgun with a DMR, etc.

It's just so annoying to see the other team get all the power weapons and kill my team. And since I play a lot of Halo Reach, I know for sure my teammates will betray each other for the power weapons. To get rid of those is to get rid of the betraying of power weapons and reduce camping.

Is it possible to make a Bare Bones Playlist with all the Armor Abilities other than Sprint? I know Slayer Classic is a variation of this, but with power weapons and Sprint.

It's not mandatory to enter, and everyone has to get everything. They start off with the AR and pistol, grab grenades, their armor abilities, etc and respawn without any of those when they die. They have to get those again.

Irony. I don't own any CoD games with me. Is that the insult people use nowadays if they don't like an idea?

Kyunn do you matchmake solo, or with a bunch of friends?

Suppose if your with friends you can always out rush them to the power weapons?

But taking it basically I do get what you mean, it can be annoying if a team grabs them all and gets map control straight away. But thats Reach for you, I have been on the receiving end of that, but have also been in a team who had map control practically straight away, swings and roundabouts really.

Kyunn do you matchmake solo, or with a bunch of friends?

Suppose if your with friends you can always out rush them to the power weapons?

But taking it basically I do get what you mean, it can be annoying if a team grabs them all and gets map control straight away. But thats Reach for you, I have been on the receiving end of that, but have also been in a team who had map control practically straight away, swings and roundabouts really.

I do a mix of both. Usually I play with 3 friends and they rush out for the power weapons too. However, the other team does too and soon after, everyone starts spamming grenades.

I too have been in that position where my team controls the map, but I'm usually running around with the DMR or the Magnum.

I wouldn't play it as it would be the worst playlist ever. But it would hopefully end the retards from making complaint threads about how they got dominated because the other team was good enough to control the map and power weapons.

You have my vote.

I wouldn't play it as it would be the worst playlist ever. But it would hopefully end the retards from making complaint threads about how they got dominated because the other team was good enough to control the map and power weapons.

You have my vote.

To be honest, I want a map without power weapons because it's hard to play when your team gets them and then the other team spams grenades. Then they get all the power weapons and camp the entire game. To me, map control is camping, but using it in a strategic manner and usually without power weapons. Camping is a player's only last resort if they suck and they hide in a place that can only be accessed in one way and with a power weapon.

If Bare Bones isn't good, please nerf the grenades by a lot. People spam them and I'm willing to bet that >90% of the Reach Population's top 3 ToD is Grenades.

Edit: I also tested out Rockets vs. Frags. Frags win easily. Rockets, not so much. Is that a bug or meant to be like that?

• 2 months later...

there are plenty of other playlists that you can play

Action Sack

Swat

Living Dead

Grifball

and any weapon that gives a player a advantage he will rush for it you take out rockets and replace it with a Shotgun?

people will camp harder

you just either need to play a different playlist or just learn rush for a weapon like everyone else

Use the Advantage!

Honestly, SWAT is the closest thing to Barebones you will get in Halo. Maybe Halo 4 might have a cooler weapon and playlist set up, but no one will know until closet to september next year. But if you look at CODs Barebones playlist summary, then look at how SWAT plays. Pretty much the same thing. 1 or 2 weapons, aim for the head, and your golden.

I think a compromise - and what I really wish for - is to not have the power weapons spawn at the start.

This allows the team with better skill to get map control. The way the power weapons spawn at the start really starts the game off with an initial rush by everyone. But I think maps might flow better and have a better starting face off if the power weapons waited until the second cycle to start spawning.

This works extremely well on team doubles on zealot.

The sword doesn't spawn at the beginning allowing each team to take their own positions before running and nade spamming.

and Yes, please lower the grenade power. It seems the frags have just as much damage as the plasma nades and that is too much in my eyes.

I think a compromise - and what I really wish for - is to not have the power weapons spawn at the start.

This allows the team with better skill to get map control. The way the power weapons spawn at the start really starts the game off with an initial rush by everyone. But I think maps might flow better and have a better starting face off if the power weapons waited until the second cycle to start spawning.

This works extremely well on team doubles on zealot.

The sword doesn't spawn at the beginning allowing each team to take their own positions before running and nade spamming.

and Yes, please lower the grenade power. It seems the frags have just as much damage as the plasma nades and that is too much in my eyes.

Actually, a Frag and Plasma are uneven. If you have a frag under your feet, you will survive with really low health, but a plasma will kill you if its under your feet. So the plasma is still stronger. I also like how powerful the frag is. More realistic in my eyes