Your thoughts on the removal of Melee Bleedthrough?

RedStarRocket91

19 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on the removal of Melee Bleedthrough?

• I believe that melee bleedthrough improved the game as it was and should have remained in post-TU gametypes.
    • I believe that melee bleedthrough improved the game and should have remained in post-TU gametypes, but with reduced damage.
    • I believe that melee bleedthrough did not improve the game and should have been removed from post-TU gametypes.
    • I believe that melee bleedthrough made little to no change to the quality of the game.

For those who don't know, in TU gametypes the ability for players to inflict melee damage onto a player's Health while they still have Shields has been removed. This means that as long as a player has at least one hit point left in their shields, they will survive a melee attack without any Health damage, exactly the same as in pre-TU gametypes.

This is going to be a controversial one. Please be polite while discussing your opinions and try and back them up with good reasons!

I voted for "I believe that melee bleedthrough improved the game and should have remained in post-TU gametypes, but with reduced damage. "

I thinkremoving it was a good idea. Maybe when you get hit it takes a little bit of health of you, just seem like the fair option to me. To me it would just speed up the killing of your enemy, if you beat him down and nothing happend then there's a few seconds lost and in that time you could have killed him.

Never noticed it before, still haven't lawl. I guess it could be good, because you always get that guy that sprints at you just to melee and gets the lucky hit, while on the other hand a lot of BS could occur. We'll have to see if it's for better or for worse. Keep in mind i'm no expert on this :P

It's just annoying being AR rushed and melee'd in 3 seconds. Really annoying.

At least they're using their weapon properly to do so. I find it even more annoying when someone simply sprints up to me and hits me twice without using a single shot of their gun. With melee-bleedthrough, I don't see this happening nearly as often. Even if someone does attempt to AR rush me, I can simply use my DMR, Needle Rifle, Magnum, or what have you to finish them off before they get within lunging distance. That, or I can lower their shields faster with a plasma based weapon and beat them down instead. It's a first person shooter, not a first person beat-em-up.

• Like 1