Map ideas

RampantDoritoz

14 members have voted

1. 1. Think this is a good idea?

I dont know if you guys have noticed that aside from forge world on halo reach that most maps are just simple just a couple rooms slapped together and call it a map. Well i have an idea, have a map that is of a city scape but on a scale of forge world kinda like odst where you can go into certain buildings go up like 3 floors and such and be able to spawn civilian vehicles but one problem though is that there is probably no known human activity where chief is going so that idea might just go to a scrap bin.

I dont know if you guys have noticed that aside from forge world on halo reach that most maps are just simple just a couple rooms slapped together and call it a map. Well i have an idea, have a map that is of a city scape but on a scale of forge world kinda like odst where you can go into certain buildings go up like 3 floors and such and be able to spawn civilian vehicles but one problem though is that there is probably no known human activity where chief is going so that idea might just go to a scrap bin.

Why would that idea go to the scrap bin? Halo Reach's Forge World was on a Halo, you never went to a Halo in Halo Reach.

I kinda like your idea, maybe they could make it into a headlong that's just bigger. Kinda like what they did with Blood Gultch/Coagulation in Reach.

• 2 months later...

i think there should be a map that has many characteristics like in the games. they should have a map that takes place in a ship, on halo, in a forest, in forerunner territory (a map that was made by forerunners), in a place that is like as if the flood has taken over the part, city ruins, covenant and unsc bases, and SPACE!

We did have funner and more expansive maps in H 2 and H3. There are three story maps in Reach called Sword Base and Boardwalk, but I understand you desire for an urban style map with multi level structures. The game typically needs to stay fast paced and have to take into account that given a place to camp an area from a room or stairwell, certain players will sit there the whole game. Halo, in the beginning always lent itself towards movement and holding strategic areas. Reach has created the "camping" technique brought on by two or three reasons. One, Invisibility, armor lock and other AA's promoted it. Two, some of the Reach maps design and weapon spawns and static spawn time ensured it. Third, new, inexperienced and achievement chasers used it get easy kills and sprees. This is not global, but has become a real phenomena in Reach.

A map with more players would only be more confusing and laggy, in my opinion. I have not interest in Big Team so my opinion may be mute on the number of players.