Halo Reach Matchmaking Issues

Bradus101

Hello All,

I am new to this community,

I am just opening up a new forum to see if someone can help me with my Matchmaking Issues on Halo Reach. I downloaded the Defiant and Noble Map Packs so that I could play matchmaking. I didn't buy them months ago as I was not going to waste money to play aganst people on other maps.

Tonight (as I live in the UK) I decided I will actually buy them. They downloaded well, work in Custom Games, but I open Matchmaking and I cannot play anything, it says "One or more of the players do not have the maps required to play in this playlist".

I have checked, and double checked and they have downloaded onto my hardrive properly and checked how they work in Custom Games, even turned off my XBOX and turned it back on again, but why won't they work in the Matchmaking? Can someone help me please? Because I feel I have wasted £15 and 1600 points on stuff that does not work.

And if they don't work, here is just a good forum to talk about why and things.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks!!

Bradus101

I have never experianced it before. My advice is to call Microsoft, or first look up the problem on youtube. I say check the back of the Halo Reach manual to see if you can get numbers. Or the ANNIVERSARY manual to get 343's number, if you don't have anniversary, I maybe can easliy give you the number you need.

what playlist are you trying to play? My guess would be that the playlist your trying to play in requires the Anniversary map pack.

have you tryed playing in another playlist?

Hi, the Anniversary Pack ones work fine, its the normal Team Slayer and Living Dead and MLG and stuff that don't work. I have all 3 MAp packs on tere but they wont allow me to play the simple Team Slayer playlist.

Hi, the Anniversary Pack ones work fine, its the normal Team Slayer and Living Dead and MLG and stuff that don't work. I have all 3 MAp packs on tere but they wont allow me to play the simple Team Slayer playlist.

ok so you have all 3, firstly have you just 1 gamertag? were all the maps downloaded on the same gamertag? have you changed your xbox recently?

do you have bungie pro? if yes delete the receipt from your harddrive

check all map packs have downloaded correctly and that nothing is corrupt

if you select custom game, then select map type, do any of them have stars next to them? if so this is the map pack you need to redownload

i had to redownload noble 3 times for it to work originally

ok so you have all 3, firstly have you just 1 gamertag? were all the maps downloaded on the same gamertag? have you changed your xbox recently?

do you have bungie pro? if yes delete the receipt from your harddrive

check all map packs have downloaded correctly and that nothing is corrupt

if you select custom game, then select map type, do any of them have stars next to them? if so this is the map pack you need to redownload

i had to redownload noble 3 times for it to work originally

None of them have stars next to them. I only have 1 Gamertag and it has all been saved onto that, and no I do not have Bungie Pro. I had an old xbox but it died after 5 years I got the Xbox 360 Slim November 2010 for my birthday and had all of the stuff on my old hardrive moved over.

in account, try licence transfer, when done, turn off you xbox, then back on, load up reach see what happens.

if still doesnt work ring xbox support 0800 587 1102 tell them you have downloaded all map packs but they are not working properly

Yeah it did not work, I can play any Firefight Mission and any map on any Custom Game, but on Matchmaking I can only use the Anniversary playlist and only Griffball from the Community Playlist, and my NAT settings are Moderate etc. Looks like I am gona have to call them, but I cannot do it tonight, I will do it tomorrow night, thanks very much for the number! I will give them a call and I will let you know what happens!

im going to ask a really stupid question

I take it you are loading up halo reach?

As if you load up Halo Anniversary you can only access anniversary maps in matchmaking, but all maps in custom

Yeah I am loading it on Halo Reach. Something is wrong, I haven't been on it last night but on Custom Games and Forge, the only maps I can get are the ones I downloaded, the originals that came with the game don't appear.