can anyone explain how somethings work?

MajorPyscoPrime

can anyone explain to me why if i play swat i can put 2 or 3 perfect headshots in to a player on the other team and yet they can just turn round an pop me? its definatly not lag or my connection cos i have a very fast download and upload speed

how does the game balance teams? because when i seach for a game it often put loads of high ranks into a team when they are not even in a party and then put all the lower ranks on other team

how does it select host? does it just pick randomly? i can start a game were everyone has terrible connection that sometime half way through the match itll sort it out making it better for everyone (if im lucky) but i can give someone from spain the host and no anyone else (even if there in the same country)

how come a guy on my team game betray me 4 times and my team mates a few times and not give the option to boot but if anyone kills him once they get booted? (this happens to often)

dont get me wrong i love this game and i can play very good but these are the things that are holding me back from getting better

can anyone explain to me why if i play swat i can put 2 or 3 perfect headshots in to a player on the other team and yet they can just turn round an pop me? its definatly not lag or my connection cos i have a very fast download and upload speed

how does the game balance teams? because when i seach for a game it often put loads of high ranks into a team when they are not even in a party and then put all the lower ranks on other team

how does it select host? does it just pick randomly? i can start a game were everyone has terrible connection that sometime half way through the match itll sort it out making it better for everyone (if im lucky) but i can give someone from spain the host and no anyone else (even if there in the same country)

how come a guy on my team game betray me 4 times and my team mates a few times and not give the option to boot but if anyone kills him once they get booted? (this happens to often)

dont get me wrong i love this game and i can play very good but these are the things that are holding me back from getting better

For the SWAT part of it, it's probably because the other player has a little lag, and is a bit to the left of where you actually see him, or it may be because sometimes the shot will hit the very top of the head and trigger the blood gush animation but not actually hit the head hit-box. Also, if you are aiming at him from behind, try aiming higher, because the shoulders can cover the head from the rear.

The teams part, I feel you there. If it does that, it is usually because those players were in the same lobby in the previous game when you were joined with them, or vice versa. It tries to keep teams as teams as much as it can. I am a legend, and I once played 12 games in a row with three NCOs on my team the entire time, even with a non-partied team of nobles and higher on the other team.

When selecting host, it usually picks the person with the best connection to the server and tries to go from there, if I recall correctly. I think Twinreaper can probably explain it a bit better.

The betrayal system is a bit broken, and I'm not sure why. I've had people betray me 3 times in a row with no option to boot, and I've had a person betray me once with an option to boot. It's frustrating sometimes, but it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem for me (except in certain gametypes).

• Like 1

I can certaintly try to build on this.

The blood animation is actually called "AOE Core Radius" and it is a decal not an animation....just to clarify.

The host issue is like this. When you connect to the reach server, the server pairs you up on commendation completeness, meaning people with similar skill sets get paired against eachother. The server basically goes thru some maths and pairs team as equally as it can. This is the reaosn why you could be an inheritor and have 3 nobles with you, but get paired up with 4 generals or 3 majors and one forerunner. it all depends on the gametype and what % of completetion your commendations are. It also factors in lightly your K/D and wepaon usage. Remember, some people score farm their way to high ranks.

As for the lag issue, it's the host. As I started to say before, the Reach server simply pairs you up and checks for map encryption. Once that is doen, it passes server hosting duties to the person who is closest to the "middle" of all players in terms of distance around the world. Lets say for example you live in the UK, and you are playing with 4 people from the USA and 3 people from Japan. The server at that point would choose you as the host primarily becuase your position between all players represent s the most equal amount of ping that can be expected among all people connecting to you. When ever a shot is fired, the client sends the info to the host. The host then negotiates the timing with the client. If the data doesnt match or sync to a degree of accuracy, the shot is either discarded or registered as a miss. Unfortunatly due to the way games work, the visual end is last to display timing issues. Collision and physics are always at the top of the calculatuion chart when it comes to the processing plane of things.

Furthermore, contrary to what people believe, the speed at which your connection can uplaod and download data means nothing. Even if you had the most kickass service like in Belgium or one of those other 1-3 rated EU countires.....it still depends on the client as to how fast data can be interpreted. Hardware and system stability also come into play here as well. Not all 360's are created equal. Sometimes minor things like processor state or memory usage can vary depending on the batch it uses or when it was created. Contrary to popular beliefe...just because the design and materials are the same...it doens tmean that in the end everything comes out euqal or comparable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Other than I don't believe that you can put 3 headshots into a guy in swat and not get the kill, it's probably a bad host even though you have a fast Download and Upload doesn't mean you ping at 100% Light Speed so there will be latency.