Sleep Overs and Epic Halo:Reach Noobtage

Geno_Pwns_Noobs

Geno......it was long, but there were some great clips in there! I remember my first jump into graphics and video and I tended to run "long" too. There was some very sweet sniper and multi kill action. Some of the snipes were just too good! I love when I get that perfectly timed vaulting head shot of quick shot. I was really grinning. You should be proud of your work here and hopefully you will continue to hone your video and editing skills. Good work man. Really enjoyed the music too.

If you are up for some polite criticism, read on.

Your font was a little hard to read. Maybe try a bolder version if available or one close to it. Make an effort to end each clip directly after that final kill in it. I don't know the capabilities of your equipment, but fades to black, multiple fades to the musics beat or a filtered fade are fairly basic. Last, you have enough footage there for a few short montages. You should try a few 3 or 4 minute ones and maybe keep them game (Halo 3 or Reach) specific, multiple kill, snipes, etc. For your one long clip you should run it fast, then slow motion the kills and then speed up again.

Just some basic thoughts for you. Still liked it a lot and congrats on getting your first one out there.

I once asked Tsquared for some advice on how to make a montage. I will now share his advice with you.

1. Never show you dying.

2. A kill with a common weapon is common, no matter how cool the kill was.

3. A montage should never run longer than it's background music unless it's a dualtage.

4. If you think it's cool, it probably isn't. Get a second opinion from someone before you put it in the video.

I think it looks good, but "statstic" is actually spelled statistic. ;)

• 3 weeks later...