[GameSpot] - Little Nightmares 2 Brings Back Six, But It Doesn't Always Put Her To Good Use

343iBot

Back in August, I had the chance to play Little Nightmares II, and in my preview I talked about the uneasy trust between main characters Mono and Six. I theorized it could present a new kind of fear for the series--if you can't fully trust your partner, then you're never really safe. But having now gotten a chance to play another preview of Little Nightmares II, I'm beginning to wonder exactly how much Mono and Six's partnership factors into the game.

The new demo takes place in the Hospital environment, which seems to pop up much further into the game than the Forest area seen in the first demo--Six has her trademark yellow raincoat in the Hospital, something she didn't have prior to Mono meeting her in the Forest. Both Mono and Six need to go down an elevator, but it doesn't have power. A nearby panel reveals that they'll need to find two batteries. I can't go through the door on the left because it needs one battery to open, but the door on the right is already ajar. My path is clear.

After going down a hallway, Six hoists Mono into the next room. And just like that, she's cut off from me. I can't bring her with me and must face the future horror alone. I was very surprised. The earlier demo contained puzzles and a chase sequence where Mono and Six needed to work together in order to ultimately get away from this freaky Hunter, which seemed to imply that Little Nightmares II would solely focus on brand-new "co-op" puzzles, ones where you had to figure out what both you and your NPC partner had to do in order to solve them. But in this recent demo, I was largely solo.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article