Halo Movie --- Spitball Some Ideas

MJOLNIR KNIGHT

Hello 343/ Halo community!

Just wanted to start this thread, but i am guessing that it has been started before, so here are my thoughts about what i would enjoy seeing in a halo movie.

Firstly, I would like to say that as much as we all have played halo over the last 10 years no one can deny just how cool and awesome this franchise has been. Props to Bungie and much love for the new 343 crew with their next trilogy.

Ok, so down to the nitty gritty of what i would enjoy seeing in a Hollywood backed movie...

>In terms of story, I would like to see the rise of John 117. From his days as an orphan training in the spartan program to a culmination in escaping from the first halo ring. I understand that this is ground that halo lore fans are already aware of and it wouldn't be adding to the already expanding universe; but it is my belief that this area of John's story that could appeal to the widest audience, while closing some gaps and giving some further insight into the mystery that is John.

>>The other reason why I believe that this region of time would be the best for a Halo movie is that, if written properly, is could have all the elements of halo that fans want, while being able to draw new fans into the universe, outside of the games. I would definitely say that some of the "repetitive" elements of Halo:ce should be omitted entirely, i.e. elements of backtracking and having to disable 3 pulse generators. Refining these particular segments to just single elements, while not true to the gameplay of the game, makes more sense in terms of a movie.

A great thing about Halo:ce was its pacing and an appropriate halo movie would need to draw on this aspect to do 117's rise justice.

I think that I have given the roughest outline of what should be the story, but let me elaborate, as best as i can.

The movie could start in the training camp where John is playing those war games with his fellow spartans (from first strike i believe). Talking with his commanders and with Hallsey watching over etc.

Then it could move to 117 leading a squad to take on the insurgents (again, from first strike i believe)

Then John is sealed away in his cryto tube...

The escape of the Pillar of Autumn

Discovery of Halo

343 Guilty Spark + Flood

Escape + Destroying Halo

End + credits

I think that we can all agree that 1. we want a halo movie 2. we don't want that movie to suck

Please post any thoughts about other areas in the universe that might be a better fit for making a movie, or help by expanding on how this time frame could be realized.

As halo fans, if we just sit back and not voice the things that we would like in the halo movie, someone else is going to make those decisions and this could be a more expensive version of DOOM. :thumbdown:

Scenario and character wise, most people only know right now the basics from the first 3 games. Whats about to begin with Halo 4 and continue with 5, 6, has so much depth in it and adds many more variables, that could make for a perfect movie. So I'd prefer it if they waited a bit.

• 1 year later...

In all honesty I don't think the actual plot of the story is good enought for a film. What's great about the Halo is it's lore and of course the gameplay. Storywise it is mostly just a lot of basic Sci-fi ideas tossed together. It works great for a video game but I don't think it would be the same for a movie.