Different kill times for multiplayer

jaymore012

Kill times  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many shots should it take to kill with the new rifle or pistol?

2. 2. Would you like there to be 2 different types of ARs? Like the retro lancer(modified SMG?) and lancer(classic AR?)

• yes
    • yes, I just want the SMG back
    • no, ARs R4 nooobyboobs

I believe the 4 shot kill is the sweet spot for Halo's multiplayer. I can't really explain myself; after playing every Halo Halo 2's BR felt just right(if you ignore the double/quad shot). I think there's more to Halo's multiplayer than just that one weapon though.

As a Halo fan Im also somewhat a Gears of War fan as well. Well not until Gears 3 came out. Like Cliff B. said, "I think we really hit the sweet spot with this one." At first I was like, "yeah we'll just see about that." I wasn't even interested in playing the beta, until my friend gave me one of his 3 beta codes.

When I played it I was amazed of how much better this game was than the past GoW games, and it wasn't the dedicated servers. It was all the different types of weapons and the balancing of them. It was no longer gnashers of war.

Halo has always been based around one weapon. It's always a headshot precision weapon. Im not gonna waste my time and think of what type of weapons could find Halo's sweet spot because I don't work for 343i. Even if 343i doesn't give us the best Halo multiplayer they still have Halo 5, Halo 6, Halo 7, etc. Hell they might as well make Halo 7 have Infection only with the flood as the infected. I'd buy it.

I like the idea of multiple Assault Rifles - perhaps they could both kill in the same amount of bullets, but one could be a lot less accurate or the other could have a smaller clip but higher firing speed or whatever. Just as long as they don't have exactly the same role.

4 shot kill feels comfortable to me, as 3 is just too fast and 5 would lead to kill times just being too long - that's why the Assault Rifle and Plasma Repeater in Reach are so weak.

Yeah totally agree. 4 shot feels the perfect fit as it gives players just enough reaction time but not enough delay to run away. Unless bloom comes back, at which point the system is screwed and frustrating.

I really want more weapons you can rely on in Halo4. Atleast in Halo3 almost everyone weapon had the potential to kill the enemy, but in Reach most of the covenant weapons are horrible. Itd be great to see the SMG return, maybe as the silenced SMG to give it more of an identity. And I really think the AR should have more range, so your not forced to finish off with a melee or reload to get the kill. I guess I want more variety between the weapons, so theres always an advantage to what your picking up while the BR is the best at all engagements. That would lead to very tactical play, like picking up the SMG makes to try and control the battle so you only face enemies in close range.

I just hope we get an automatic weapon that we can start team slayer games off with in halo 4 and not want to swap for anything else at the first chance we get. I always switch to my magnum as soon as a slayer game starts because i am alot better with it and it is a better weapon. The starting automatic weapon should be PRIMARY for a reason!

• Like 1