Halo 2 (pc) trouble

Zuko 'Zarhamee

Sounds like a memory exception error to ke. If you can, locate the log for the game and or post up anything you receive a critical warnjng for in the "event viewer" . if ur unsure how to locate any of these, let me know and i can guide you thru it. Also please list up a quick pc spec list so i can see what kind if rig u are runnjng with.

I went to the event viewer and found some stuff. Under Applications, there was something that the computer called and application error. I clicked on it and it said this:"Faulting application halo2.exe, version 1.0.0.11081, faulting module halo2.exe, version 1.0.0.11081, fault address 0x00381110." I also found some stuff under System, that talked about a warning about a disk (I left the Halo 2 disk in my computer). Here's what it said when I click on it : "An error was detected in the device /Device/Harddisk0/D during a paging operation."

It's a memoery exception as I suspected. The paging operation is the "Page File System", which is the OS's way of extending RAm by using space on the HDD to store re-occuring called data. the best I can come up with fro this, is that you may have a few bad sectors on your HDD, or the game install has been slightly corrupted. Either way, I recommend running a disk checking utility for errors and re-installing the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i install halo 2 on my computer then it says that i have downloaded the update i press play then nothing happens it just sits there doing nothing i can tell its tring cuz i have a RAM monitor on my desktop and it goes up but noting happens i have windows 7 8gb RAM 3.1 gh processor and a 1gb video card