Living dead Custom maps

I Ski

Living Dead is one of Reaches most popular playist. Although as I was playing it the other day I noticed its not nearly as fun as halo 3's was. In Halo 3 you played on community made infection maps, and it was a lot of fun to play on those maps cause they were forged for infection. But in Reach you don't get any of that. You just get regular vanilla maps which are really boring if you ask me. Just maybe a thought of putting some community made forged maps in the Living Dead playlist to make it more fun. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear some of the community cartographers are currently searching for Infected Vanilla maps to put into matchmaking. It's possible 343i are already working on this.

That's what I heard at least.

I don't know about that, but what I really want to do is play in Living Dead is the DLC maps. They never seem to show up. :ermm:

I'd love to see an Infection FFA. 16 players, 2-3 rounds. Preferred species. Living Shotgun/Pistol loadout. AA's are debatable. Zombie Sword with Sprint or Evade loadouts.

Remember it's FFA:

Living kills living ~~> respawn living

Zombie kills zombie ~~> respawn zombie

Zombie kills living ~~> infected

Round/Game ends at time limit or total infection.

Oh... The betrayal glitch would have to be fixed

• Like 1

and not just thoroughly but have someone on standby waiting to take feedback and implement changes immediately. you can test something as thoroughly as you like and people will still find a way up into that little cranny that just puts them out of reach of zombies and the soft kill zone. (swordbase proves my point excellently)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about that, but what I really want to do is play in Living Dead is the DLC maps. They never seem to show up. :ermm:

You'd be surprised by how many players don't have the maps. Hopefully 343i will update playlists as we get closer to Halo 4's release to require DLC for more playlists.

By the way, I was involved in a lot of the testing for these spooky variants. That's how I heard.

The mas suck, theyre not even original like spooky house, a few crates and a clolour effect, makes it go in matchmaking....people have actually made good maps that work great and theyre not even looked at

Spooky House was for camping, and while it was cool at first, I'm glad 343i decided to promote teamwork in LD rather camping.

Of course the maps are not original. They're infected VARIANTS. That's what 343i, and the H:R community wanted. I'm not sure how involved you are with the forge community, but there is a lot more to it than "a few crates and clolour effect." We did not just randomly throw junk around. It's all for a reason, whether it was to block lines of sight, manipulate traffic or un-camp a position. Not to mention the amount of testing these maps have undergone. Yes, these maps were TESTED before they were even looked at by 343i.

As far as original FW content goes, yes, there are a lot of good maps out there. The problem with that is that they would have to go through much more strenuous testing than a variant of a vanilla map.