update and Halo5 fail, update and Master Chief fail

Rampant Frog

It has been a while since the kids connected the xbox to the internet,

one of their friends told them of updates to Master Chief Collection and Halo5, so they connected on Saturday (30 Jan 2016),

therein followed a 20 hour epic update cycle, with updates to the xbox itself and then many of the games they own, 1 by 1,

after the 20 hour epic Haol5 refused to move past the moving ships graphic - the menu failed to appear, Master Chief was still updating when they found that so they had to wait until all updates were complete.

After some reading we uninstalled Halo5, shut the xbox down cold, turned it all back on and reinstalled Halo5,

the next problem was kids profiles hiccupped - they were having trouble with both Halo5 and Master Chief collection not remembering their progress,

so they didn't actively play either game, instead they again shut down the xbox (cold),

restarted and logged into a couple of games that had not updated - their progress in those games was recognised,

so they logged into Halo5 and then Master Chief with both games now recognising their progress.

HOWEVER

They have since had to reboot a couple of times, with Halo5 not loading on occasion,

I will update this as they play other games.

Rampant Frog

It might've taken some time for the Xbox Live profiles to sync properly. Also try waiting some time in game, it might just take some time for the profiles to be loaded in properly.

It might've taken some time for the Xbox Live profiles to sync properly. Also try waiting some time in game, it might just take some time for the profiles to be loaded in properly.

This is gonna be your best bet, Rampant Frog.

Considering the amount of time your Xbone took to update, problems (profile sync) will occur, and it happens to just about all of us. I learned I can't leave H5G alone without it disconnecting, even if it's just to grab something from the next room. I always have to shut the game down, wait a minute, then reboot it.

Honestly, I wish they put more thought into their sodding machine.

This is gonna be your best bet, Rampant Frog.

Considering the amount of time your Xbone took to update, problems (profile sync) will occur, and it happens to just about all of us. I learned I can't leave H5G alone without it disconnecting, even if it's just to grab something from the next room. I always have to shut the game down, wait a minute, then reboot it.

Honestly, I wish they put more thought into their sodding machine.

we changed the power profile to instant on - we don't have it shutting down while we look at a youtube clip (when we get stuck/tired/bored/lazy)...