ADD REGION LOCK/CHOICE. UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT.

Cpt Reynolds

Please sign the petition below, to convince 343 to put in the region choice/lock feature.

Hey, halo 5 is literally unplayable for me. I keep getting disconnected constantly from everything. Im in sweden, we have some of the best internet in the world. My connection is 100 up and 100 down. I have been in extensive contact with microsoft and my ISP. We have tried literally everything, and tested and run diagnostics on everything.Nothing fixes the issue, and all tests show my connection is perfect.

My isp gave me programs they use to run detailed diagnostics, i ran the tests and sent it back to them.
Everything was fine.

My dcing is making it so i cant play with anybody cause they will derank when i get kicked leaving the team one man down.

Of course this is going to happen when you think about it.

Lets see, what feature does most serious competetive online games have that halo 5 doesnt, hmm REGION CHOICE/LOCK.

The ping limit before you get kicked is a great idea, but its not a great idea when you dont have a REGION CHOICE.

Guess what, no matter how fast your internet is, if your in europe, Your ping to seatle/american servers is most of the time 170 and upwards. This is unavoidable.

And its spiking up most likely towards over 200 during game which is causing me to dc. Literally everyone in sweden and scandinavia, literally everyone is going to have 170-180 atleast, and thats just during the test.

Britain and france is a little closer but they will still have 170 atleast. Everyone.

Most of the time your facing americans on american servers. Even if your entire fireteam is in europe.

So what do we have....? Most people outside the US have a high ping, and then theres the ping limit. Sounds like a great combination.

You CANT have just the ping limit WITHOUT the region lock/choice. This is UNACCEPTABLE

.I spent close to 500 dollars for an xbox one, xbox live, etc JUST to play halo 5 online. And i cant.

And thats not all. Even if your one of the "lucky" ones and you dont get kicked everytime, your going to have a serious disadvantage with high ping if your in europe, and odds are you will lag a bit now and then.

Im not the only one. Ive met dozens of people with the same issue as me, from england and spain, and everywhere.

Fun fact, on the xbox live support site, it says specifically that 150 ping or less is required for a "certified" online experience.

Well guess what, then everyone in europe are always screwed on american servers. You said so yourselves.

Maybe thats something you should put on the xbox one sticker? Or on halo?? (95% of the time playing our game, you will have a uncertified online experience, and we cannot guarantee your online playing to work, please enjoy =D )

Im not the only one, ill bet you over 10 000 people have this issue atleast.

You should stop thinking of just americans, and screw over everyone else. Im american, but i live in sweden.

Do you hate money? Do you understand how big halo is in the rest of the world? I literally cant/wont play the game cause of this, and i am not alone.

Since i guess you wont be able to solve this problem on your own. Heres a suggestion. ADD A REGION LOCK/CHOICE.

I am sure everyone else with half a brain will back me up on this. I am starting a petition to get this much needed feature in the game. And i will link it below.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/add-region-lockchoice-for-halo-5

Any serious competetive game or otherwise, should have it, period.

This is not a hard feature to add, and dont ask me if im on the development team.

This is grounds for false advertising, fraud and selling a faulty product. I could sue you and microsoft, and win. It would literally be everyone outside the the Us against you in court, and you would have to add the feature or pay, or both. Youve conned me for 500 dollars so far. Lets see how much money the people can take from you?

Other then these issues, the game is phenomenal.

Please add this feature and make the game seriously playable for europeans again.

post-95437-0-72359600-1453486200_thumb.png

• Like 1

There was originally a region lock during the Pre-Season, but was removed on release date. However, Halo 5 runs on a dedicated server as well. So unless you're rerouting where you're located, you should be on a European server.

Anyways, it's most likely your ISP which turns to be a problem on 343's part. Also, don't say you have the fastest internet in the world to try and justify it. Your 100-100 is average, during online play it's different. If you're using Wifi, stop and start using Ethernet. Gaming consoles aren't made for Wifi, they'll bounce the Ping, Upload, and Download all over the place.

Anyways, switch to Ethernet if you're already not using it, search up and see if your internet provider is one of those on the list that are having troubles connecting to Halo 5 servers, all in all if nothing works. It's probably a location thing, maybe it's just finding players on your part. Since I don't know very many people from Sweden who play. But I do know people in Europe don't have problems playing online.

• Like 1

I love it when ignorance is in pure abundance!

Let's correct this....

1. You CANNOT SUE FOR FALSE ADVERTISING, and you will NOT win. When you buy a console/game or other "multimedia" product that uses internet based gameplay, you also accept the conditions and policies that go with it. I guess no-one in Sweden or the rest of the world is familiar with EULA and Acceptance Agreements. <----- This is the ignorance part.

2. No matter where you are in the world, there will be high latency/ping/throttling/etc... WiFi makes things much much worse than using a Cat5 or Cat6 hard cabling.

3. Halo 5 is NOT hosted on single servers ANYWHERE! All Xbox Live enabled games are powered using the Azure Cloud Platform. This literally means that the game is hosted worldwide.

4. Even if region locking were a feature that was enabled, you would be greatly limiting the population pool in which you have to play with. Halo' s population is already divided and segregated beyond belief due to MCC and 360 backwards compatibility. Region locking also does NOT guarantee a more fluid gaming experience. For example, I could hop on now from the East Coast US and play someone a mere 1k miles away and get an average 90-250 ping.

If you had done any research on how networking works, you would know how many variables and environments are involved. Nothing is ever guaranteed nor simplistic in fixing or improving.

Also real quick, you do realize that Microsoft is an AMERICAN company right? Even if the issue "was" having servers only in America, that is their choice and YOUR decision to NOT to do research.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 1

They do need to tighten their parameters then.  Matchmaking is a joke.  I am in the Eastern US and get put in 8 person lobbies with players from Sweden to South America.  Are there not 7 other players in the Continental U.S?  

Microsoft themselves recommend a ping of less than 150ms and they put me in a lobby with someone 3,500 miles away that pings over 200ms?  

Please tell me that they are tweaking this in next weeks update.  Love the game but it gets too frustrating.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm from Brazil and here the region lock was turned off recently. There is a good side in that decision, now we brazillians finds full matches online much more easier, and it is great for modes like Warzone, because I don't give a damn if I win or lose a Warzone match BUT on Arena it totally screws it. I take this mode very seriously and I had a great connection with the brazzilians severs (the MS's brazzilian server its on my own city, São Paulo). Now, that the matchmaking here gives preference quantity over quality I always play in american servers and modes like SWAT (my personal favorite) became unplayable.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

343 really needs to add a "server choice" feature on Halo immediately! Titanfall does it since it's launch and the game on Xone uses the same MS servers as Halo 5 does. I wanna play smooth matches on Arena but I want be able to find Warzone matches as well. I think the "server choise" feature would be the perfect response to this issue, worldwide!!