Halo waypoint forum bans?

Atom Alchemist

In history Waypoint bans tended to be a little too extreme compared to the punishment at hand. However, if you were banned this hard you might-of done something to deserve it. You might not. I don't know.

I don't think you'll be able to get around this ban by yourself, so I think it would be better if you contacted 343 to request a de-ban.

I can't speak for Waypoint, but I can confirm that one of the most common and useful moderation tools across the internet is the IP log. Just clearing your cache or turning off cookies won't help as it's all logged server-side: you could potentially get around it by spoofing your IP or using a VPN, but even then there are plenty of other tools we can use to identify you.

And just as a note - ban evasion is generally one of the worst things you can do. The majority of bans and warnings are set to expire, but attempting to evade them through multi-accounting is one of the fastest ways to make them permanent.

• Like 1

I can't speak for Waypoint, but I can confirm that one of the most common and useful moderation tools across the internet is the IP log. Just clearing your cache or turning off cookies won't help as it's all logged server-side: you could potentially get around it by spoofing your IP or using a VPN, but even then there are plenty of other tools we can use to identify you.

And just as a note - ban evasion is generally one of the worst things you can do. The majority of bans and warnings are set to expire, but attempting to evade them through multi-accounting is one of the fastest ways to make them permanent.

You want to know the problem with that (and the irony)

the whole reason i got banned in the first place was for posting on a alternate account.

the whole reason i was posting on a alternate account was because my account had been hacked and i lost access to it for near a month, at this time i played on a account called proton guard, so proton guard received a perma ban, and atom alchemist received a week long ban.

so i just go with with, i wait the week, then i start reusing atom alchemist after it had been unlocked, and then bout three weeks later, atom alchemist got perma banned for being a alternate account of proton gaurd as if i was evading proton guards perma ban (which was perma banned because it was a alternate of atom alchmeist) and all of these happened back when the halo waypoint forums were generally stupid in that you couldn't access the waypoint message system if you were banned, so i couldn't even contest the ban though the message system, so i attempted to use twitter and never ever heard back.

talk about a vicious full circle, so ever since, when i've wanted to post on teh waypoint forums (which is few and far between becaus ei was not a fan with halo 4 and was playing other games quickly so i stopped caring, but with halo 5 release i have want to post again because i WANT halo 5 to be good and not die off like halo 4 did. so i made a new account and 3 days later, it get banned.