Achievments and Awards (The real deal)

Twinreaper

Are you happy with the quality of the achievements and medals in Halo, after Halo 2?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the quality of the achievements and medals in Halo, after Halo 2?

• Yes
    • Achievments and Medals all suck
    • Dont care
    • Sort of
    • No

Ok, so we all have our speculation on certain aspects of the new Halo title in development. I have yet to see, read or hear about any real good threads on the real meat and bones of any games replay value..... The Achievments and Awards you get from playing.

To start things off, I will say how I feel about the current and past achievments....

Only one word can describe them, after Halo 2....... LAMEASALLF******HELL! ( i know, more than one word...lmao)

I mean c'mon. I can only play thru and stick so many enemies before it gets so boring. Every single achievment or medal they offer, is in no way all that different from any other offered in the previous games. People want something new to do, something fun an unique that will make players both actually WANT to do them, and at the same time, give them all a big healthy round of laughs while doing it. Here are just a few ideas I have for some good achievments and medals...

Achievments:

[ Family Jewels ] - Stick any opponent 5 times in the crotch region in any mode of Halo 4

[ Mason Chief ] - using any vehicle, splatter an enemy combatant into a wall or obstacle. (think old wraith, player against wall jumping)

[ Un-Friendly Fire ] - Successfully shoot a greande or any other explosive ordinace out of it'sfire path. (rockets asplode when shot)

[ Gun Smoke ] - Successfully jack an incoming enemy occupied vehicle turret and kill 5 enemies, while driven by the enemy.

[ Kamakazi ] - Fly or drive your manned vehicle into an enemy vehicle and destroy it 10 times.

[ Special Delivery ] - Lead any homing ordinance locked onto to you, and re-direct it into an enemy player or vehicle.

[ Emo Supremo ] - Commit suicide 10 times, taking 2 or more enemy players with you to the grave.

[ Flagmatic ] - Destroy an occupied vehicle by pummeling it while holding the flag.

[ Marathon Man] - Holding either the ball, flag or oddball, make one complete lap around the map without dying. (or 3 minutes holding)

[ Sweet Cheeks ] - Be the only female spartan or elite on the battlefield and never be killed. (changes based on actual gender of player)

Medals:

[ Drunk Driving ] - Splatter an enemy while coming off a jump or after being blown upwards.

[ Crap Shoot ] - Kill an enemy by delivering the final killshot to the buttocks.

[ Head Case ] - Stuck an enemy in the head with a plasma grenade.

[ Bag 4 Bag ] - Killled an enemy in the act of t-bagging.

[ Dropin Loads ] - Killed an enemy with a destroyed banshee.

[ Final take ] - Get the last kill or point in any multiplayer match.

[ True Jedi ] - Sccussfully met and equalled out a sword lunge

[ Puppet master ] - made an enemy fall to his death

[ Control Freak ] - Force an enemy vehicle to splatter it's own team.

[ Footloose ] - Kill an enemy in the act of jumping or using the man-cannon or any other lift.

There you have it. A real quick ten minute thought of some new things to do that would be sure to provide hours upon hours of good old multiplayer matchmaking or campaign, and you get something for all those laughs.

Thoughts everyone?

Achievments:

[ Family Jewels ] - Stick any opponent 5 times in the crotch region in any mode of Halo 4

Thats twice now a little obsessed lol.

Seriously though there are some seriously funny medals in there, and they would make matchmaking a lot of fun, especially if you want to get 1 of every medal, or imagine a daily challenge of get a family jewels medal in MM or earn a Bag 4 Bag medal, it could really be fun,

ok, so why do they have to be multiplayer based. i am one of the few people who buy multiplayer games for the campaign and co-op modes. how would you readapt these acheivements to cover a broader fan base?

several of these are highly luck based, and several are also very prone to boosting. both options are not fun, which counters your earlier arguement for achievements to be fun. also, how would one commit suicide and make a kill? i fail to see the logistics of how that could work.

i like to idea and naming of most of these achievements, i would love to try to get them. some are challenging, some are fun, and some are just down right lucky or improbable. i like what you have going on with this list.

as a suggestion to you list;

[blow Back] - Get a betrayal suicide with a rocket while zomed in and the targeting reticle red

[Overland Route] - Be the Driver of a vehicle that is carying the flag, for 90% of the way from the enemies base to your base

Well, the one where you commit suicide and take enemies with you would be like jumping into the base with a roket pointed down, and firing when you hit the ground. if anyone was next to you, you would kill them, and it would also count as a suicide since you died from your own actions. Quite funny to see people trying this...lmao

Most of what i named would also be used for campaign. I also mainly got reach for it's campaign. I only play campaign and doubles firefight now.

But lets face it. A majority of gamers actaully play the competative end, which you and I dont obviously. That is why I focused my new achievs and medals on multiplayer.

I could prolly come up with some more just for campaign, but that take about another quick 15 minutes...