Halo 2 HD: Not Just A Remaster, But What IT Should Be

I'd have to disagree with almost all of these points. Halo 2 was a great game, the game mechanics, storyline, emblems, etc. should all be the same thing they were back in 2004. We don't need an alternate canon or a multiplayer update for a game that was released ten years ago. Rather than getting innovative and rethinking what Halo 2 should've and could've been, 343 industries should focus their attention on the next new installment, Halo 5.

Something I do think that would be very interesting, and I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, would be if Halo 2: Anniversary featured Flood Firefight mode. It wouldn't have to be overly complicated, just allow various Flood to attack like they do in campaign, and provide a scoring system. That would be a fun game mode and good way to add something that wouldn't really change the multiplayer or campaign.

• Like 2

"Remaking a game won't be revolutionary. It'll be seen as a different game trying to ride on a previous games accomplishments, more so than sequels already are."

Someone posted this on another forum and I feel it's a suitable enough answer to this to just let the idea die off.  This isn't something that should be handled by 343, just by a community that would want to do this.  And as far as I know, I'm the only one that would like these features.  So someone feel free to lock the topic, I guess.

It's not that simple.  Including the things you are laying out, would require a complete re-write of the Blam! engine to support those ideas.  It would break the entire infrastructure of Halo 2, and it would not even be remotely the same game in any way.  Just rewriting the network model alone would take 2 years.

If your gonna bash or try to say that Halo 2 needs an improvement or would could be made better, your in for one hell of a pain train ride pal.  Halo 2 is still considered by a majority of the community as the "perfect halo". 

• Like 1

That you are sugeating is not a remaster its a totaly new game nothing you mention fits in the orginal lore how can you get halo 4 weapons in halo 2 withouth every one think its bol****, the only thing that i think should be added is the 2003 E3 game play that was cut out becouse time restictions

Man, much text. Halo 2 doesn't need to change, and if anyone says otherwise isn't a true fan of the series. And, even if you are, you need to stop whining about getting what you want because only those who worked on the Halo games really deserve to say such things. It's Bungie's game, not yours. You should enjoy it for what it is, I love Halo 2 and I wouldn't change a thing. People like you just demand and demand things constantly, when really you should be happy with what you've got. The only thing I can agree with you on is the update in graphics but that's it.

To be honest, I only read the first few lines. I'm not going to go too deep into a pointless rant because at the end of the day, you don't make the decisions for 343i. I'm not sure if 343i are actually making a Halo 2 Anniversary, I'm sure it's 100% going to happen, hopefully at E3 they announce it. But, 343i know what they are doing, they're taking over from Bungie and have also worked side by side with them throughout some projects, I can't say anymore because I don't know what they've worked on, other than help Bungie. They are perfect for taking over and I know they'll make the good decisions, and the decisions that will also make us happy, clearly not everyone. But, that's expected. All Halo needs is a re-skin, and that's game, set and match.

I know you're a new member here, but honestly, when you type what you stated above, it's expected you'd get these type of comments. You're asking for too much, you can't just rip out bits and pieces from Halo 2 and add in new sections. You want to re-make the game by the looks of it, which undermines what the game is and that word would be classic. You're on your own with your ideas, not going to happen no matter how long you preach, I though people would understand that by now. I mean, giving ideas is one thing, wanting to change a game to benefit you is another.

Edited by ShockGazm

"Remaking a game won't be revolutionary. It'll be seen as a different game trying to ride on a previous games accomplishments, more so than sequels already are."

Someone posted this on another forum and I feel it's a suitable enough answer to this to just let the idea die off.  This isn't something that should be handled by 343, just by a community that would want to do this.  And as far as I know, I'm the only one that would like these features.  So someone feel free to lock the topic, I guess.