Can Destiny be good for Machinima

Buns

The short answer is probably no since no theater mode has been announced or discussed. Everything is also supposed to be seamless so that further gives me doubt but based on some neat features like lowered weapons and even greetings/taunts(So far we have seen greetings aka waving. I'm not sure if there will be more but hopefully there is). Even if there isn't a theater mode that hasn't stopped Machinima in the past. CoD4 had no theater mode on consoles(PC had the demo mode which is essentially the same thing.) but if you removed the HUD via hardcore mode and took out a C4. The result was a theater mode of sorts. From what I've seen Destiny doesnt have much of a HUD and doesn't really have the habit of showing players name unless you have your weapon unlowered. With some simple cropping and angling you could basically have a camera of some sorts while it would be hard to use I really do think Destiny Machinima can be possible.
Now the question is what do you guys think about Destiny being a tool for Machinima makers? 

Edit: An a interview Bungie when asked about theater mode they said they will not be discussing that feature yet so maybe it is in the works? Also there will be multiple gestures/taunts like dancing, waving, etc.

Considering Bungie got a ton of extra marketing from Red vs Blue, I think it's a given they make a glitch or something to allow for machinimas. It'd be very foolish of them if they didn't.

If they include it as a glitch it is actually a "feature" You can't glitch a game on purpose, but that is a very good point the extra marketing will really help them out. 

If they include it as a glitch it is actually a "feature" You can't glitch a game on purpose, but that is a very good point the extra marketing will really help them out.

Yeah, I meant something similar to an Easter Egg glitch that would clear the HUD. Or maybe an option to disable/hide the entire HUD.

Forget the theater mode...

It still isn't the machinima type.

That can be said for any game including Halo

What you said is opinion based, and plus how do we know? We haven't seen any Machinima nor any attempts, while I admit it might not suit the same role as well as Halo does. No one knew Halo was going to be a Machinima type either its very hard to predict this kind of thing.  

• 2 weeks later...