What I want for Halo 5

Seeker of Truth

I have now made an updated list of what I want for Halo 5. 

NOTE: The size of the font indicates how important I think it is to the story.

Please reply, provide feedback, and add any suggestions if you want :)

Weapons

Sentinel beam- One of my favorite weapons from Halo 2 and 3. With Sentinels back for Halo 4, and probably Halo 5 as well, it would be nice to have the sentinel beam back as well.

Brute shot- This was my weapon of choice against both Ghosts and those annoying campers in Halo 3. If the Brutes return, and I certainly hope that they do, then their primary weapon will have to make a comeback as well.

Incendiary grenade- This was one of those weapons that was sort of overlooked in Halo 3, and that I find myself kind of missing now that it's gone. The incendiary grenade had its use, but bringing it back would really be more of a nice touch than anything. 

Plasma rifle- While it is identical in function to the Storm rifle, bringing back the plasma rifle would make the game feel more like Halo and give some nostalgic value. Perhaps it could be used by the Arbiter and his followers while the Covenant Remnant use the storm rifle. 

Needle rifle- Now, I know it was the equivalent of the carbine in Halo: Reach, and it shouldn't be identical in Halo 5, but rather a counterpart to the battle rifle in the same way that the carbine is a counterpart to the DMR. 

Armor abilities

Evade- Evade was not the most popular armor ability in Halo: Reach, but it was certainly better than Halo 4's Thruster Pack. I know that Thruster Pack makes the game feel more high-tech and futuristic, but come on, it barely works. Evade wasn't broken, so why did 343 try to fix it?

Drop shield- Another armor ability that should make a comeback from Halo: Reach. Unlike armor lock, I didn't feel that the drop shield was broken, particularly as it didn't draw out the action. It had its use, and now that it's gone, that use is left vacant.

Flare- Going back to Halo 3 this time, flares were one of my favorite armor abilities. They could give you some temporary respite from attacks when used right, but unlike armor lock they actually required skill to use, mostly because they blinded the user as well as the target. Having the ability to blind the enemy for a couple of seconds has some interesting applications, as long as 343i doesn't make it too easy. 

No armor lock- Armor lock, above anything else, was what broke Halo: Reach's matchmaking. It made the user completely invincible, but as they couldn't move or fire while using it, it didn't give the team any sort of advantage and just drew out the action. It also broke the splatter system almost beyond repair. If they bring armor lock back for Halo 5, I'm probably not even going to bother with matchmaking. 

Vehicles

Spectre/Revenant- The concept of a medium-grade Covenant vehicle was interesting, and I think both the Spectre and the Revenant did it right. They were both a well-balanced counterpart to the Warthog, and made the game more even. Having one or both of them back for Halo 5 would be fantastic. 

Falcon- UNSC aerial vehicles were counterparts to the Banshee in the same way that the Spectre and Revenant were counterparts to the Warthog: they helped the game balance out, but they weren't identical in function and so it wasn't really down to who shot first. In any case, the Hornet was quite overpowered in my opinion, but the Falcon did its job well: it required skill and teamwork to use correctly, and could carry the whole team around in a pinch. 

Scarab- No, I'm not talking about in Matchmaking. The game would be incredibly broken if the Scarab was usable in MM. I just miss having Scarabs as bosses in Campaign. Halo 4's Lich didn't cut it for me because the movement was scripted and it didn't attack you directly. Of course, changing up the Lich a bit would work fine as well. 

Large aerial vehicle- I think at least available in Forge, but possibly in default maps as well, there should be a large aerial vehicle with seating for the entire team, like a Phantom or something along those lines. If it is used, a good way of balancing would be to have the vehicle not respawn once it's destroyed. 

Allies

Marines/ODSTs- Self-explanatory. The base allies of the Halo series. The return of large squads, like in Halo: CE and Halo 3 would be preferable. 

Spartans- I don't mean random unnamed S-IVs, although they should probably be around as well. I'm talking about known, established S-IIs and S-IIIs from the books; they've been too long coming. 

Elites- The Arbiter and his forces will need to return. In Halo 2 and 3, they felt like highly honorable people, not the bloodthirsty monsters they were portrayed as in Halo: CE, and Halo 4. Friendly elites must return; they are an important part of the story, and their return would be very satisfying to the large portion of the community that has been alienated by Halo 4. 

Grunts- You can't have Elites around without Grunts. They aren't just comic relief; in Halo 2, they were actually decent allies, on Normal difficulty at least. I feel that the Grunts deserve more respect than they're getting. 

And, if he is still alive...

IsoDidact- The IsoDidact's fate needs to be explained, at least. Is he still alive, or did he die of natural causes? If he is still alive, he will likely attempt to help humanity gain the Mantle of Responsibility, and confront the Ur-Didact. Seeing the Didact opposing himself would be interesting, to say the least, and probably crucial to the story. 

Enemies

NOTE: I did not resize the font because I believe all of these opposing factions are critical to the storyline.

Covenant Remnant- It has been announced that Jul 'Mdama will be a central character in future installments of the Halo series, so the Covenant Remnant will certainly be sticking around. It should probably also be explored what the Arbiter is doing about them, how far they're willing to go to follow the Ur-Didact, and how they react if and when the IsoDidact returns. 

Prometheans- Again, self-explanatory. It would make no sense for the Ur-Didact to die in such an anticlimactic way, and he will most likely be sore over his defeat at Earth. He and the IsoDidact should probably at least have a couple of interactions; perhaps in the face of a bigger threat, likely the Precursors/Flood, the Ur-Didact could redeem himself and provide friendly Prometheans, although that probably won't happen in Halo 5, at least not right off the bat.

ONI (indirectly)- Their treatment of the former Covenant species and particularly the Sangheili needs to be explored. If and when John finds out what they're doing, something tells me he won't like it. It's hard to say what will happen to stop ONI, but they are doing exactly what the Forerunners did- taking the Mantle of Responsibility by deliberately weakening other species and gradually destroying them, rather than earning it for themselves. ONI would not make good guardians for the galaxy, and they probably won't just change their ways. 

Precursors/Flood- Although I previously was against the return of the Flood, after looking through some more media I feel that they will need to return. If the human species is going to attain the Mantle of Responsibility, they will need to find a way to defeat the Flood for good. I would like to see more powerful, threatening Flood forms, and see them at their most powerful, probably on the level that they were during the Forerunner-Flood war. It would be good to see the return of some familiar Flood forms too, like the three basic forms and the pure forms seen in Halo 3. 

Campaign

Longer missions- Halo: Reach had long missions, and did well with them. Halo 4's missions, with the exeptions of Reclaimer, Infinity, and Shutdown, were quite short by comparison. Longer missions, please.

More character development- Self-explanatory. Halo 4 had little character development, Chief and Cortana aside. 

Firefight

The return of Firefight would be fantastic. It shouldn't replace Spartan Ops, but be a separate gametype.

Forge

Fine editing- Yet another feature that was taken for granted and is sorely missed now that it's gone. Please bring back fine editing!

Destroyable features- I'm not referring to things like fusion coils so much as I am base systems like reactors etc. They should serve as targets in gametypes such as Fortress (see below). 

Forgeable NPCs- The ability to insert NPCs and control what team they're on is something that players have been asking for for quite a while. Their respawn time and weapons used should be controllable, too. 

Matchmaking

Halo 3 Announcer sounds- I preferred the Announcer from Halo 3 and Reach. Let's face it, the "Betrayal" and "Suicide" sound effects were the most epic announcer voice-overs in any game, ever. 

Fortress- A new gametype; effectively BTB with an objective. Each team has a good-sized base. The objective is to get inside the enemy team's base and destroy its systems. When a player from the enemy team enters a base, the announcer gives a cue. Destroying a base system ends a round, and weakens the opposing team slightly. Once all three base systems are destroyed, the game ends.

The systems could be something along the lines of a munitions dispenser, control computer and power core. Each destroyed system gives the opposing team an advantage (for instance, if one team's munitions dispenser is destroyed, ammunition capacity for that team is reduced). 

Playable elites- As I said before, playable elites are needed to satisfy a significant portion of the Halo community. If playable Elites do not return, then it will probably raise some doubt that 343i cares about their customers. 

• Like 1

The only 'What I want' list I don't have extreme flaws to point out.

I presume Scarab would be Campaign, I don't see an easy way to implement multiplayer Scarab unless it's like SWBF AT-AT's, pretty useless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All 2 axel vehicles should either accel AND steer with one stick like the Mako in ME (It controlled like a dream) or with traditional control schemes.  Left trigger is brake and right trigger is accel.  Furthermore .....public matchmaking for the campaign is a MUST HAVE feature.  If Spartan Ops is in Halo 5 ...Public Matchmaking should be available for any episode at anytime.  Thank You

There are many things we all want for Halo 5. I would like skulls back, scarab, a UNSC aircraft (pelican was only in one campaign mission but was epic),some of the older guns and many more things. The problem is, when they add something new in, they take something else out. We keep looking forward to the same thing each time. The good thing is that they improve them. I don't think we will ever see a needler rifle and a carbine in the same Halo (for example). We might never get some of things that we really want all in the same Halo. I'm not blaming 343, maybe they don't have enough time, I just don't want you guys to bring your hopes up to high. They might add the things we want in, but take something else back and make us want it in the Halo after that.

• Like 1

-Un véritable éditeur de maps (comme far cry 3 ou shoot mania en plus recherchée),où pourrait placer des IA,des evenements comme des trains,voitures,avions qui se déplacent tout seuls

- Mettre les emblémes de Reach et halo 4, mettres des tatouages,autocollants sur le spartan. Choisir plusieur covenantes,humains voir des prométhéens qu'on pourrait controlés

-Il devrait rajouter  le mode baptême du feu et le mode défense(ou un truc de se genre). Parcontre pour les joueurs morts je les vois bien avoir un rôle important, genre toutes les 1 minutes un joueur mort peut envoyer 3 marines en renfort, ou 1 arme en matériel voir un power-up, ou encore permet un emplacement de plus pour mettre une tourelle auto, une barricade ou quoi. Ou alors qu'ils jouent au contraire contre les autres équipes, genre il devient le fossoyeur et peut envoyer des parasites (dont certain qu'il pourrait controler provisoirement) sur le champ de bataille ennemi, ce qui créerait de gros combats entre humain, covenant et parasite. Comme ça plus le nombre de joueurs morts augmentent dans une équipe plus les survivants de cette équipe ont le droit a du soutien malgré leur nombre inférieur. 

The only things I want in halo 5 are the return of firefight, and no more forge maps in the multiplayer lobbies, and less game types. This seems to happen in every single halo game but it seems that after a few months a whole bunch of forge maps are released that just clog up the lobbies. I want to play on the maps that came with the game, not a bunch of forge maps that all look the same. The forge map that come with the game don't really bug me its just when you release like 20 maps that it becomes a problpem.  Now when I say less game types I don't mean les lobbies, I mean when you select a lobby(Slayer,Flood, etc) its just for that game type because in halo 4 when you select infinity slayer that includes like 4 different game types (legendary, team slayer, infinity  slayer, legendary BR). I just want to play the game I select not a bunch of variations of that game mode. And firefight is just awesome and needs to come back in halo 5. I think that not including it in halo 4 was a big mistake because I often find myself going back to reach to play firefight on unearthed and courtyard.

hello, I'm a great fan of halo,this is my opinions:

- Have a real map editor (like Far Cry 3 in more sought). Possibility of placing AI, events (such as trains, cars that move on their own)

- Return of the Baptism of Fire

-Added defense mode of baptism of fire(or another mode of the same kind). by cons for dead players I think have an important role , every minute  they can send  marines , weapon or equipment see a power-up , or send the auto turrets , a barricade or something . Or rather they play against the other teams , it becomes like the gravedigger and can send parasites (including some that could temporarily controlling ) on the battlefield enemy, which would create big fights between human, covenant and parasite. Like that the team with more dead in a team ,increases more luck for the survival of this team,the dead player have the right to support their team, despite their small numbers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is fun if they added the ship. I would like to make naval battles.A map with water for ship ,a air space for warplanes and the land for the terrestrial batlle . this could create a new game mode .Or create a new game mode where we return to the past during the battle between the rebels and the army.