Incineration cannon and Ghost review

Seeker of Truth

I'm not sure. There seems to be a bit of argument regarding this, and I'll just offer my opinion.

While the incineration cannon is probably the most powerful weapon in the game (I mean, what other weapon lets you get a Killtacular medal with one shot if used right?) and very satisfying to use if it's used correctly, I feel that it's balanced enough. It obscures the user's view of their surroundings, it fires very slowly and the round is easily dodged (at long range, anyway). Probably many players will disagree with me, but I feel the incineration cannon is not overpowered at all.

Also people seem to be complaining that the Ghost is underpowered. I don't feel that the Ghost itself is underpowered, but the problem is splattering. It's almost ridiculous how stiff the Ghost's movement becomes once you hit the boost, and unless your enemy has no idea you were coming, or is a complete idiot, it's very difficult to hit a head-on splatter. I use the (apparently common, if YouTube videos are anything to go by) strategy of a "surprise boost" if I want to go for the splatter, but mostly I just use the main weapons. 

In Halo 3, splattering was too easy. The control was still quite fluent, and your victims had no sprint, evade, jetpack, or armor lock. In Halo: Reach, the problem got a little better with evade, sprint and so on, but armor lock broke the system again. In Halo 4, thankfully, armor lock is gone, but the Ghost's controls are crippled.

If I were 343 I would make the Ghost's maneuverability a little better than Halo 4 for future installments, but not quite as good as Halo 3, and probably bring back evade for a little more balance. Thruster pack doesn't seem to work as well as Evade did. 

/Review.

Any feedback? 

• Like 4

I pretty much agree with your view on the incinerator cannon with the ghost im not sure how much of a difference extra manouverability when boosting would make.  Usually if i avoid a ghost or someone avoids me when on a ghost its because they jumped over me not moved to the side.

One bonus with the ghost in H4 is when boosting head on with other vehicles you can typiccally destroy them which can be pretty useful when facing a more powerful vehicle such as a warthog.  More than once has my team been stopped in its tracks when driving a flag back to our base by such a tactic. 

IC is a power weapon and should kill infantry one shot. However, unless all shots (First and the follow up ones) hit a vehicle, it will more than likely drive away. Damaged, mind, but certainly not killed. 

The IC isn't OP.

Ghost I feel is good as people are able to dodge the vehicle. 

with the ghost, ive seen splatters all this week, not just the ones ive gotten. if the enemy has a PP or throws some plasmas that miss ill try for a splat, until they jump out of the way then ill shoot them

as for the handeling, it can be hard sometimes to turn while boosting. just boost to the turn, stop, turn, boost again and you are good for a bit.

just today, i have splattered someone with a ghost after they used hardlight. i even boosted (the ghost ability - _ -) into a ghost that was shooting at me and they went BOOM!

as for the IC, its pretty powerful, but not OP, and yes it can be dodged at long range since you can see it coming, but up close...not likely, even with overshield. highest MK ive gotten was a triple kill, though 80% of the time its either one single enemy or a loaded warthog. though, it would be nice if every enemy didnt have one waiting around every corner in fiesta

The ghost definitely is underpowered. However the thruster pack isn't very good at dodging ghost, which could be seen as a balancing effect, but not really. Also, they should definitely bring back evade, because what kind of spartan needs a thruster to dodge stuff, when they can nearly (and sometimes do)dodge bullets?

And yes IC is well balanced.

The ghost definitely is underpowered. However the thruster pack isn't very good at dodging ghost, which could be seen as a balancing effect, but not really. Also, they should definitely bring back evade, because what kind of spartan needs a thruster to dodge stuff, when they can nearly (and sometimes do)dodge bullets?

And yes IC is well balanced.

evade was fun to roll around in reach. max speed on the hills on forge world and you got to go far. good times. as long as you find some way to dodge the ghost, you may be fine

• Like 1