Collaboration with 343Industries to make Tabletop RPG Tactical Maps

Johs

I'm trying to get ahold of professional multiplayer deathmatch map designers, and see if they are interested in working on a series of Fantasy RPG maps...

A VERY different animal, and yet also similar in theory to what must be applied in an FPS deathmatch. Except on a 2-8 sheets of 11x17 of paper, and in an industry where NO ONE bothers to design quality layouts.

I'd really like to explore this idea, I've just launched a kickstarter for high quality fantasy roleplaying maps that's been really successful (400% backed in 4 days) and I love tactics games, fantasy roleplaying, and shooters.

I want to merge these ideas, and do something really creative and fun, and I don't know anyone else who's done it, and I honestly don't know where to begin.

I was brought this way by an article in Gamasutra " Deathmatch Map Design: The Architecture of Flow " and I know 343 Industries designed the maps for halo (although who knows who ACTUALLY drafted the conceptual layouts)

Is something that's even possible? Who knows, maybe someone in 343 Studios is a huge RPG fan and this'll get some traction.

At this point, I don't even know how to contact them, so maybe posting here in their forums will bring it to their attention.

First of all, this sounds like a cool idea. I've played quite a few Tabletop rpg's (Including one that was based on Halo, just using a different system) and I think a Halo tabletop might actually do well.

Secondly, This is a fansite, not 343's official site. I'd recommend checking halowaypoint.com and seeing if you can get in touch with them there.

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know.

Good Luck!

• Like 1