Halo: Radioactive (RP Thread)

VinWarrior

"Son of a *****."

John woke, the mangeld turret was resting on top of him. He shoved it aside and stuggled to stand up. There was a massive pain in his arm.

It was mangled, bones were dislocated. John took off his fuel tank care fully and checked it. No damage, it was good to go. He sat back into a piece of wreckage and exposed his arm. It was a mess. Using his other arm he got his emergency med kit and fashioned a makeshift sling.

Leaving it aside for the moment, he braced himself. He was going to have to relocate the bone. He grabbed the wrist of his damaged arm, looesly hanging.

"Do it quick, do it quick."

He pulled and heard the crack as the bone was put back into place. He let out a massive pained roar. He struggled to get the sling on, but managed to get it on eventually. He covered his arm again and slumped over, exhausted.

"Marines?!"

It was all he could say. He was drained and exhausted. He wouldn't last much longer without medical attention.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing in the midst of a burning environment with flames coating the glassed ground in the distance, Kyro stared down at the still enflamed corpse of a brute as he puffed some smoke out of a cigar, the second to last one he had. He had stolen them off a corpse back in a building in a denser part of the city a ways back. Staring at the brute's corpse, he casually checked the meter on the side of his flamethrower. Half full... This oversized ape had managed to take an entire half a canister to kill... Kyro pulled the cigar out of his mouth and spit down on the body, extinguishing a small portion of the flames for a fraction of a second, "You used up too much of my ammo man! Know when yur dead next time 'k?" He kicked the body almost as if expecting a response. A shrieking sound of a falling pelican became audible to him in the distance. Taking his cigar, Kyro placed the tip of it against the nozzle of his flamethrower and lit it up before hustling towards the sound. Coming over a hill a few hours later, he spotted the crashed pelican and some movement around it. Ducking against the hill, he watched quietly.

Taylor watched the boundless ash skim across the fields in a storm-like fashion, as he took heavy breaths and heavy steps walking across the barren land, as he saw a familiar sight, the pelican, he wanted to check on Ash, he found her, gesturing for her to spread out and look for more survivors, as he had found Murphy, he was hurt, Taylor crouched down near Murphy saying in a sharp voice, "Stay with me Murphy, we are getting out of here soon, I promise." as he walked next to Murphy, bringing him to Ike as he laid Murphy down on a Rock, turning to Ike, and saying, "Keep an eye on him, others might have survived the crash, I'm gonna go look for them." as he stumbled upon a Dead ODST, the man had been impaled with a fragment of the ship, as blood ran down his nose and mouth, his helmet off, Taylor simply sighed and closed the man's eyes. He had continued moving on, though, he started to hallucinate, and see images, he first saw the silver elite from earlier, except this time, it looked like he was injured, or in pain, struggling to keep up, as he dissipated into white ash, Taylor shook his head, getting rid of the hallucination, as he stumbled upon what looked like a charred Brute corpse, someone Barbecued this guy, as he aimed his gun, he found the man, a Hellbringer, Taylor smiled, as he put his hand out, saying, "Name's Taylor, got a name, Soldier?"

Kyro heard a voice behind him and spun around placing the end of his flamethrower directly in front of the face of what he assumed was another human. He wasn't sure because he hadn't seen one in days that hadn't been mutilated beyond recognition or burned. Glaring at the...apparation in front of him, Kyro asked in a paranoid voice, "You...with us? You not a squidface wearing a disguise or something are yah..." He kept his hand on the trigger for the flamethrower and slowly sidestepped to examine the individual in front of him from a different angle.

Ashley saw taylor gesturing but before she could reply he already had walked off. she decided to look for a medkit. she searched the pelican and found nothing. "well, guess ill just have to deal with my leg for now" she said to herself. she got into the pelican to rest, "at least its shelter, right?" she thought

Still walking around Taylor, Kyro unlatched his helmet from a strap it had been hanging from and held it up, "What do you think Becca, does he look like UNSC to you...?" he spoke sideways to the helmet as he kept his weapon aimed.

Taylor docked his shotgun and raised his hands to his head, pulling off his helmet and revealing he was human, "Relax, I ain't one of them. You have my word." as put his TAC/COM to his mouth channeling Ash, and saying, "Ash, we found someone... Ash? Ash?" as he put his helmet back and gestured for the Hellbringer to follow him as he rushed back to the Pelican, he found Ashley, and he noticed her leg was hurt badly, he rushed in, taking out a medical kit and doing all he could to heal up her leg, saying throughout it, "It's almost fixed, Ash. Just relax." as he continued, except going faster and faster each second.

Kyro waddled his heavy armor after the man and catching up, saw him crouched over a wounded person. His mind replayed a scene he had watched weeks or months ago, he couldn't how long it had been anymore... A man leaning over his dying wife, screaming for help. His hand moved on its own down to a medkit at his side, and he tossed a can of biofoam at the guy. Grunting, he moved outside the pelican and sat down on a piece of smashed metal.

Still inside the pelican Joseph tried to move but he couldn't when he felt a large pain in his chest. He looked down and he had a bar of metal in his chest. Having lost his helmetin the crash curses then coughs up blood. Hearing noises around him and Taylor's voice he trys to speak but instead had another blob of blood come out waiting a little bit he hears Taylor walk over to ash and begin giving first aid to her leg while saying
"Its almost fixed, Ash.Just relax."

He ties to get there attention by making as much noise as possible so that they will begin to look for evidence of life inside of the pelican.

Ike looked at Murphy, "So? How`s it going? Other than almost dying in a crash of coarse... But your alive eh? Haha.... Man I can`t believe we lived! Such an exciting event today! Joy oh joy...." Ike was hoping he didnt annoy anyone, He just wanted to lighten up their day and he was going to. Ike being an hyper and humorous ODST, grabbed two assault rifles and started to pretend to be a spartan. "Commander, Come in we have a problem! *Static noise* We are okay, We are spartans!" Ike started to laugh calmly.

Edited by The Dumb Marine

"Just Barely."

John lay back, looking around at the ash. He felt somewhat better, though it was still a struggle to move slightly.

He could move his other arm fine. Reaching down to his holster, he drew his Revolver and began to spin it. It helped him take his mind off the pain. The pain, however was quick to remind him it was still there. It felt like someone was sawing through his arm. He dropped the revolver and let out a pained moan.

"Argh! Get....me a stim.....Ugh!"

Ike hearing the order out of no where made him trip and fall while running. "Got it sir!" Ike what was requested of a pocket on his armor. He looked at the label which he marked a while back. It said, "This will help if your dumb enough to get wounded." Ike remembered this and took value in it. "Ok! Im going to count to three, And then this is going to help you. I think, It should! Let us take pride! Okay, 1... 2... 3!! Man I love that number! Here you go buddy!" Ike gave him the Stim. Ike picked up a rock and tried to skip it on the ground. "Damnit gravity... I have yet to show you otherwise..." Ike sat there and stared at the sky.

Taylor was locked in the moment when he heard the shouts of a familiar friend, he yelled, "F**k, Jacob! I'm coming!" as he told Ash he would be right back and ran in the direction of the screams, he found Jacob, as he called out, "S**t, we need a medic down here! Stay with me Jacob, stay with me, we're gonna get you out of here!" as he pulled the heavy thruster off of Jacob's leg, pulling off Jacob's helmet, and once again turning, and yelling, "Hey! We need a medic over here!"

[Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah... Hold on one minute here. I thought you said you were leaving/becoming less active on the site Trae, what the hell happened?]

I will be getting on at least once or twice a month if I can(or feel like it). My character is dying so I thought I should post his death.

Ike heard Taylor request a medic, "Damnit I`m only one guy!! But then again I already helped the other guy out!!! Hold on!" When Ike got there, He tossed some bio-foam over to be a help and ran out to watch Murphy. Ike yelled before running out, "I would love to stay but you told me to watch Murphy!" Ike ran back over to Murphy.

"Ah, I love these damn things."

Murphy felt the drugs kicking in, drowing out the pain sensation. It felt good. He sat up and looked around, finally able to judge the situation with a somewhat clear head. He picked up his revolver and holstered it.

"My arm's bust, but I can walk. Least until these things wear off."

He stood up and stumbled forward.

"Marine, where is everyone else? We should regroup and get out of here."

"Aah, that thing was cramped. Tip, don't wear helmets In pitch black. Still, thanks for remembering me. Now do us a favour and... Ahh that hurts, get this frickin pipe out of my leg! I can't walk around with metal sticking out of me!" Shouted Jacob as he looked down from the sky to see a metal pipe impaled through his left knee. Straight through the middle and out again. "Oh... I may not be going anywhere at all..."

"The helmet should give you a report, i did a mediscan. The visor was shattered and completely unfunctional, no point keeping it." He continued as he stared at the large pool of blood beneath him.

"Y'know what, just get a buzz saw and cut that thing out of me, preferably before I go sleepy time. Okay!"

Ike was back with Murphy, Ike responded, "Oh them? Im pretty sure they are back over there ripping Jacobs leg off! There was a metal stick through it.... I almost threw up from that actually, But... Yeah! Are you going to need help getting over there?"

Ike was happy to be getting along with someone. "My name? Its Ike! And stuff... But umm, Yeah! Let me lend you a hand." Ike reached out a hand to Murphy to help him get to their destination. "So? Im guessing we are going to get to watch something disturbing? I mean if Jacob gets his leg cut off..." Ike shushed for a minute. He pulled out another bio-foam canister and twirled it in the air and caught it. "You know, These suits are like magic bags! They hold so much stuff!" Ike grinned because he was feeling proud of his statement, Which to him was true.

Taylor pulled out a Kurki he had stashed in his pocket from a trip to Japan on Earth, as he turned to Jacob, saying, "Alright, this won't hurt a bit, promise." as he stuck the Kurki into the leg, trying to pluck out the pipe from the bones and blood, as he managed to rip away most of it, adding bio-foam from Ike to it, now, for the diagnostic, as he heard the helmet's medscan, he grabbed Jacob's arm, and counted to three quickly as he relocated the arm. he grabbed Jacob, as he slowly walked with him, bringing him to Ashley, as he laid Jacob down on a small rock. Taylor nodded to Ashley and returned to Ike and Murphy, as he crouched down next to them, saying, "We are gonna stick together, I think I have a plan," as he turned his head a pointed to a nearby ridge with an orange glow piercing from it, and continued his sentence, "See that glow? I think some squids might be camped up there, and where there are squids... There are Vehicles, so, what do you say?"

Ike laughed a bit, "A camp of squids? I dont think they live on glass Taylor. Unless of coarse they were mutated, But then again..." Ike drifted into silence but still showed a smile.

"Sir, I'd say you're crazy. That ridge is probably overlooking the planet on fire. I'm in."

John looked towards the glow, he doubted there could be marines, but he'd been wrong about things like these before.

Still, he wasn't going to die like that, he would die only while torching those aliens. And he would die laughing.

He looked at the others, most new faces, to see what they thought.