Halo: Radioactive (RP Thread)

VinWarrior

"F***! Arrgh that hurts! Could t get any morphine then?" Screamed Jacob in agony as the pipe was pulled from his leg, along with a considerable amount of blood, bone and muscle. He fought the urge to cry, he had known pain but this was too much.

"Put me down! I can't scale a cliff! Someone pass that DMR, I can use that as a crutch. Be quick, this stuff isn't going to hold forever! I'll... I'll set up some shelter. I'll just slow you down. If you find transport, get out while you can. I'll stall some advancing forces." He breathed heavily, Unclipping his gas tank and flamethrower. Someone take this, you'll get more use than me. I'm expecting that back though" he continued as he leant against the clipped-off wing if the ship. "Just go, now!"

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike looked starry eyed at the flamethrower. "Dibs on the flamester! I can really put this to use! Melt some ice sculptures, Maybe light a fire... Burning.... Burning... Okay, Im done talking for now." Ike gladly took the flamethrower.

Hearing every one near the pelican he makes a last ditch effort to get someones attention before he dies. An Idea came to him! He grabs a pole ad begins banging it so as to get there attention. Then he finds his silenced SMG and shoots at the pelican hoping someone other than the splitfaces could hear it.

Hearing every one under the pelican he makes a last ditch effort to get someones attention before he dies. An Idea came to him! He grabs a pole ad begins banging it so as to get there attention. Then he finds his silenced SMG and shoots it into the pelican hoping someone other than the splitfaces could hear it.

[We aren't under the pelican, I just took Jacob from there, we are about a yard away from the pelican]

Kyro was staring off into the distance as the other organized themselves. He heard something about squids posted up on a ridge and imediatly popped up. "Squids?!" he practically yelled with a fire in his eyes to match the flame glowing on the end of his flamethrower. As he prepared to charge the embankment by himself, suddenly a small swarm of smg bullet wizzed over him and one or two slammed into his armor, sending him crashing to the ground. He turned himself over on the ground and shot a ball of flame over the entrance to the pelican to warn off whatever was shooting him.

'Out of bullet great'

Joseph thought and just gave up on anyone noticing him.

'I am not having this piece of metal stuck inside me fore ever

He thought as he forced himself up and off of the ground

"AHHHHHHHH!"

Joseph screamed as he forced himself off of the metal pole. Landing with a thud onto his chest, he rolled over onto his back and took his helemet off. Then crawls up to a wall to lay on. Inspecting his wound he notices he didn't have hole in his lungs.

*sigh*'Now to wait for the end'.

He thought. Pulling out his magnum he checks to see how many bullets he has left. four, not enough to kill an elit but enough to kill a grunt at least.

Taylor crouched in the ashy wasteland, as he looked up at Reach's moon, it glowed in a ball of blue and white in the cloudy sky, this reminded Taylor of an old portrait, he struggled to remember the name, but the picture was clear, as it struck him, the name, "Starry, Starry, Night." Taylor said calmly and in a low voice as he continued admiring the stars, they were beautiful, as he got up, he walked over towards Ashley, and sat down next to her, looking up at the stars, he said to her, "You know, we never do get to see the stars that much. With the war and all." as he smiled a little bit.

Taylor turned to her, and calmly answered, "Not sure, I hope there are. (sigh), I better go check on Ike, make sure he hasn't killed anybody yet... Actually, I think I'm more scared of that Hellbringer, he talked to his helmet... Yeah, all the more reason to go check." as he picked himself up off the powdery floor, and jogged over to Ike, as he tapped Ike's shoulder, telling him, "Keep an eye on Ashley and Jacob over there, we are heading up to the camp, we will be back down here soon." as he yelled over to John and the crazy Hellbringer, he pulled out his shotgun, putting on his helmet and polarizing it.

"I won't let you down Taylor!!!" Ike shouted defiantly. He turned on his somewhat working VISR and was armed, He crouched and kept an eye out for anything. As Ike was looking around, He spotted something that looked like an alien. Ike got completely serious and took out his combat knife and slowly approached it. As he got close, he noticed it was just a pile of rubble. Ike shouted, "Damnit! My eyes are all F***ed up from the lack of sleep and possibly brain matter!! Stupid eyes!!" Ike took out some eye drops that he had and used them and his vision was normal once again. Ike walked back to Ashley and Jacob and said, "As dumb and humorous of a guy that I am.... I've gotta give myself some damn credit for knowing what to do! Haha!" Ike just laughed for a little bit and sat down on the surface of the glassed planet. "Man glass doesnt hurt to sit on after all!" Ike said before shutting  his mouth and  keeping guard. Ike holstered his Magnum and just watched out for his surely new friends.

"Right, well I guess we're going to be here for a while. I suggest we use this as a base of operations until we can recon the local area properly, if we can get a base camp of sorts, we can then find a place to go when we find evac." Stated Jacob as he struggled to stand up against his 'crutch'. Good thing it was a broken rifle anyway, it wasn't missing anything."Ike, you keep watch for incoming Covenant patrols while building fortifications. Ash, get into the cockpit, monitor orbital scans and update the others on stuff ahead. I'll try to look in the cargo bay, see what weapons we can scavenge." With that, he tried limping over to the split-off rear section of the ship.

"Or we can just enjoy the break while we can... You need to remember that your with me! IKE THE ODST!!!! And making fun of Elites is what I can do. But I guess if we  have to set up stuff for  a camp that wont last long, Then... Hell! Why not? Whats so bad about building a tent out of blankets?" Ike ran and grabbed some of the ground which was just ash, and put it next to where they were staying. "S***! I think I`m gonna need more materials than this..." Ike said slowly. He then looked at the rubble of the crash and like a car crashing an idea came to him. Ike ran over to the crashed ship and pulled chunks of the metal out of it. "This is gonna be insane..." Ike said humorously. After a few minutes of work, Ike made a statue of himself. "Looks perfect! Okay, Now to make that base." Ike said seriously.

After having pulled himself off of the pole and waiting a bit. Joseph tried to stand up. But fell back down then tried to stand again this time only with a few wobbles here and there.

"D*amn lost to much blood. Maybe I if can make it to the entrance...."

Joseph then fell with a thud at the maw of the pelican. Rolling over he looked up at the night sky.

"Boy the sky at night on Reach is the best I have ever seen in my life. Glad its the last thing I get look at before I die."

Then getting a sudden energy boost his eyes open wide to a black figure, who he could not tell but all he said was.

"Hi, my name is Joseph or as a friend calls me Rook, all though I hate that name. Whats yours?"

Then all goes black.

The chills in the forest seemed to have gotten colder and more calm, as they lightly massaged Taylor's shoulder pad, Taylor signaled his squad to stay back, as he continued to move up the hills, scouting for soldiers, from either side, as the walking took it's toll on him, he sat on the hillside, and took his helmet off slowly, the Recon-Esq helmet, the past few days had been harsh on the beat up thing, but it still worked fine, they were made to last, not just the armor. As he sat, he examined his helmet, and smiled, as he turned it around, putting it back on to his head, and polarizing the visor again, as he continued up the mountain at a slow pace, he hit his foot on something sharp, he gasped in pain as he looked down, something green and large was buried into the snow, Taylor dug it out, as he picked it up, it was a helmet, not like any he had seen, it had the words, "MK. V" on it, and it was military, then, yet again, another memory flicked back into his head, an more visions, as his eyes projected a large man, in a suit of armor, with a helmet similar to this, holding his assault rifle defiantly, as a wave of snow hurdled toward the image, dissipating with the moving snow. Taylor shook his head, and continued walking, as he got closer to the fire, he could hear voices, not nearby, but in his head, he couldn't get them out, as he kept walking, they became louder and clearer, until he finally reached it, Taylor looked over the mound, and finally, reached the top of the hill, all he could see was a fire, it seemed primitive, but it was there, glowing in the mountains, it wasn't natural. As he looked around, strange glyphs started to appear on the fire, soon, all around Taylor, the alien glyphs appeared, they weren't Covenant either, Taylor's head began to hurt massively as he fell to the floor on his knees. He closed his eyes, and muttered strange words in another language, all while struggling to get a hold of himself, when suddenly, it stopped, everything, Taylor breathed heavily as he lifted his head up, opening his eyes, the fire stood peacefully, as he could make out the figure of a Falcon, slightly damaged, but useable, Taylor slowly lifted himself up as he saw, next to the Falcon, the same Spartan from earlier, except, he just stood and looked at Taylor, his gold visor shining, Taylor yelled toward him, "Hello? Person? Please, if you can help, just let me know you are there! Please?" as he started to come closer, the figure just stood still, then, it started to become a clear-white color, it was dispersing, into a glowing blue energy, Taylor yelled more at the figure, but it completely disappeared before Taylor could touch him, as Taylor pondered at this, still sick, and cold, he turned to the Falcon, as he explored the inside of it, as he looked out into the white yonder, he felt alone, and he had also wondered why no bodies appeared around the falcon, or the man who created the fire, Taylor jumped inside the Falcon's pilot seat, the controls were all there, he activated the Dashboard, and turned on the Falcon, as the rotors chugged along the Falcon's sides, he lifted the magnificent bird into the air, the wind brushed the side of his helmet, as he looked through the glass, and saw the moon, finally showing, as Taylor smiled, he flew back to the crashed pelican, as he nestled the falcon down slowly, he lifted the cockpit up, and jumped out, looking around, as he saw it again, the white elite, holding the girl, except this time, instead of his wife, it was Ash, Taylor's heart dropped, as he closed his eyes, opening them again, to see both figures gone, it was just a vision, Taylor shook it off, walking back to Ash, Ike, and Jacob, as his eyes seemed tired, Taylor crouched next to the three, and said, "We... We got a Falcon, we have a way to get where we need to go, now we need a good pilot, It has been a long time, I'm a little rusty." as he looked out unto the pelican.

As Ike finished making the small base from the broken pieces of the crash, He knew his creativity was out of this world. But over in the distance, Ike swore he heard something.... "Oh hell no, Not after I spent an hour or two building this... If that is the case, I might as well look around." Ike took pulled out his combat knife and crouch walked to where he heard the noise. Once he got there, Rook was blacked out.... Ike said to the blacked out Rookie, "Well I'll be..." Ike put his VISR on and looked around only to see a glassed planet. Ike needed to tell Taylor. He started sprinting as fast as possible to get to where they were. Once Ike reached his destination, He saw Taylor and Ashley. "I have bad news guys.... Rookie is sorta blacked out.... But I dont know why..."

Edited by The Dumb Marine

John found himself sitting on some wreckage. He woke holding his revolver, ready to fire.

"*****. Bloody hell that stings."

He looked around. No sound apart from the blowing of the wind. Was he going crazy? Did he just imagine those other people? Had the covenant broke him? Maybe he died and was still doomed to exist on Reach. Well if he was dead, there was no harm in taking a chance.

"Marines! Anyone out there?!"

[As far as Taylor is concerned, Rook is dead, due to the fact he cannot get a pulse, if trae feels like telling me weither or not his guy is dead, then we can solve this]

Taylor continued talking to Ashley, as he became slightly optimistic, and let out a light chuckle, saying in a semi-quiet voice, "Well... I could pilot, I don't know, though... I guess. Grab everyone, we are bugging out of here." but as Taylor turned he was met with Ike, who was talking about the Rook, Taylor was confused, so he said to Ike, "Woah, woah, woah, slow down, Ike... Take a breath... Now, where is he?" as Taylor's eyes jotted open, and he bursted from the group, running at full sprint toward the pelican, as he tripped, falling face first into the snow, that didn't stop him, he quickly picked himself up off the cold ground, and ran once again, as he found Rook's body, Taylor grabbed Rook, holding him as he knocked on Rook's helmet VISR, saying, "Rook! Rook! Get up!" Taylor became worried, he hurried towards the Falcon, as he rested him inside of it, he grabbed a Bio-Foamer off the wall, injecting it into his blood spattered chest, it wasn't helping though, he was too Damaged, Taylor became worried, as he breathed quickly, but he slowed down and just sighed, and closed his eyes, as he picked up Rook's body, carrying it in his arms, he walked out of the Falcon, near Ike and Ashley, as he put his Helmet in Ashley's hands, as he walked slowly toward the pelican, he grabbed a sheet, and put it over the Rook's body, he prayed in latin over his body, as he put his palm on Rook's head, saying, "Goodbye, Joseph." as he slowly walked away, he didn't know what to do anymore, he walked over to Ashley, as he said in a low voice, "I can't get a pulse, I think he is dead... We have to go, Ash..." as he put his hand on her shoulder.

she was still shocked by the body, even being a soldier doesnt stop it. especially when you can see through the wound. she stopped herself from crying because she didnt want to look rediculous and just turned away, thinking to herself for a few moments. then she felt taylors hand on her shoulder and looked back toward him. "so are we leaving now?" she asked, hoping not to have to stay near the body long.

Ike looked at the dead body and got very angry... Ike's fists clenched and he stood there just starring, "Was he stuck this entire time!?" Ike was mad at the way things were going, Why couldnt they have saved him in time? "We dont need to lose anyone else... We cant afford to lose..." Ike`s eyes teared up from sadness and anger.

Edited by The Dumb Marine

Two functioning DMR's, Three MA5B's and an MA37 Assault Rifle, one M6D pistol and one Jackhammer launcher, with four rockets useable. Seven ammo clips for the rifles and six for the assault weapons. After packing some grenades into an ammo canister, the sound of Falcon rotors interrupted Jacobs scavenging. Exiting the rear section of the ship, he saw a heavily damaged, battle scarred ship descend into the impromptu courtyard. As the scout exited the ship, he walked over and waited for his conversation to end.

"I've managed to scavenge what weapons we can. It's not good, few em-ays, DMRs and a few pistols. We also got a launcher but most if the ammo was ignited in the crash, only a few clips left. I also managed to scavenge two SMG's from the ODST's and some armour."

He put on the scavenged helmet, the VISR flicked into life. "What now?"

Taylor only nodded at Ashley, he knew he would have to pilot, he went back to the pelican one more time, to check for any remaining supplies, he stumbled on a Crate, as he found two MA5K Carbines, and an M45D Tactical Shotgun, Taylor tossed away his old one, figuring he could upgrade to this newer version, now unto the carbines, he carried both of them, as he tossed one a Jacob, snickering, "You know how to operate one of these things?" as he loaded his, he gathered everyone around the Falcon, he took off his helmet, placing it on a crate, his face looked tired, like he was ready to fall and die, and that is how Taylor felt, cold, tired, beaten, but he had to be an example, to the men and women he led, he looked at them, letting out a deep sigh, and saying, "I know what you want to hear... But, I wish, I didn't have to tell you the truth... All of us, may not make it out of here, you all know that, deep down... Rook... Joseph, died, but he died a hero, he died without a single sin that man... We, made it this far... And we are almost out of it... It was an honor to serve this far with all of you," as he saw the same man in the green armor again, except this time, he had his helmet off, he was bleeding, but he was also smiling at Taylor, Taylor looked at him and smiled back, as he became somewhat defiant, he turned his head to Ash, and continued his speech, "I can't promise all of your hopes or dreams but there are some things I can promise... I would follow each and every one of you people to hell and back, and I know you would do the same for me... And I promise you, that I would go back and do it all again if I had to... We are going home, either on that ship or in a box... Fight to go home on that ship, fight with me, to get off this hellhole, and make it back alive! Who's with me?" as he smiled, looking back on the dying man, he was gone, like he had disappeared.