FIRST, a link to my File Share, where this map resides.

In World War II, the Battle of Midway turned the tide against the Japanese in the Pacific theater. This battle involved over a hundred ships and a thousand planes, and lasted several hours as the US Navy took down the Japanese vessels with their destroyers and aircraft carriers.

This map is one of the few maps in Halo to provide full naval combat. Featuring two ships, it isn't quite as grand as the World War 2 Battle of Midway, but it still features some great and unconventional gameplay. The ships fight each other with turrets and heavy weapons, and deploy smaller vessels to attack the enemy directly.

post-63092-0-90729000-1368235973_thumb.jpg

The battlefield. Both ships are visible, and the rocks clearly outline the battlefield. The back of one ship, from where vehicles are deployed, is clearly visible.

Both ships contain two hovercraft (scorpions) and two armored speedboats (wraiths), which are deployed from the back of the vessel, and a banshee atop the tower. Because I placed several platforms directly underneath the surface of the water, the scorpions and wraiths can drive across it to attack the enemy, giving them the illusion that they're sailing or floating through the sea like boats. Some strategically placed kill zones keep the spartans from walking on the water. The battlefield is the entire area within the bordering rocks, which mark its boundaries. There are several rocks in the center for cover, where the hills are located in King of the Hill.

post-63092-0-68544900-1368918816_thumb.jpg

The teams clash for control of the hill

The design of the ships are mostly the same. They have a mounted turret on the front, two mounted machine guns on the side, and a shade and a banshee on the top, accessible through a gravity lift in the control room. The weapons and turrets provided give players a role to fulfill when not in a vehicle.

post-63092-0-02748100-1368918808_thumb.jpg

The blue team launches its initial attack

Both ships also feature a pretty large below-deck area. In this area, players can find their vehicles, as well as an assortment of heavy weapons. Players can use these weapons or the main turret to attack the enemy ship directly from their own, or they can hop into a vehicle to strike. The other turrets, which are given a damage boost by trait zones, can be fired at enemy vehicles to defend the ship.

post-63092-0-53390600-1368918822_thumb.jpg

The red team exerts force onto the battlefield

This map plays on Infinity Slayer or King of the Hill- no custom gametype is required. Optimal player count is 10-16 players, with more being better. This map can be found on my File Share here.

post-63092-0-25659100-1368235982_thumb.jpg

post-63092-0-41947000-1368235985_thumb.jpg

The ship at the first screenshot looks like its been cut in half.

I'm also going to assume that players can walk on the water between the two ships. If they are able to do this, I must say that the space between the two ships is way too open.

You should add more cover there.

Zandril, on 10 May 2013 - 23:14, said:

I'm also going to assume that players can walk on the water between the two ships. If they are able to do this, I must say that the space between the two ships is way too open.

Nope. There are killzones that prevent players from walking on it. While the vehicles will be perfectly fine moving around it, as soon as a player steps into it, he'll die. The scorpions and the wraiths, being as heavy as they are, do perfectly fine with the lack of cover. The area in the center, with the rocks and trees, provide enough cover and line-of-sight blockage to keep the game going, and for the wraiths to mount up behind and project their wrath.