Al Quada's threat

El Silverado

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should the U.N. troops return?

• Yes, we need to neutralize Al Quada.
    • No, its a waste.
    • Other

I personally think we should continue fighting Al Quada before they kill more people. They are already threatening and attempt to bomb us. I'm not saying going in killing everything in sight, I mean to neutralize Al Quada in a nonlethal or lethal act. Just sitting here hoping they don't kill more people isn't gonna work.

Keep it clean.

It would be nice if everyone could just sign a non-aggresion pact, war is pointless! Has anyone in history ever really succeded in bringing about any good from war? To my recollection, the ony decent thing was the Romans bringing things like reading, writing, roads and things like that to other countries, but even they were forced out in the end.

It would be nice if everyone could just sign a non-aggresion pact, war is pointless! Has anyone in history ever really succeded in bringing about any good from war? To my recollection, the ony decent thing was the Romans bringing things like reading, writing, roads and things like that to other countries, but even they were forced out in the end.

Those were attacks/invasion. The world is being "attack" by Al Quada. And trust me politicians didn't even try to make peace after 9/11 they just wanted so much popularity.

Unfortunately for the younger Americans, they are not as informed or now have any access to any documents relieving the truth about past wars and future wars. The point is, we started the whole damn with the middle east by sticking our noses in their business stretching back to the mid 80's. From that point on, we have further involved ourselves in things that didn't need our involving. Nothing fruitful has come from us invading the middle east. Did any good come from taking out Sadam? Nope. Pointless revenge act for something Sadam was "claimed" to have involvement in.

Speaking of "claims", let's just start with the most recent. Osama Bin Laden. The man was never convicted, named or charged by any international law or government council outside the US for any crimes related to the United States. Go ahead, look it up. You will not see one official filed charge against the man. WE needed to put a face on evil for the things done to our men and women, and OUR GOVERNMENT chose a foreign national to suspect, judge and execute. Did we really think killing Osama wasn't going to bring any rage or more attacks to our country. You don't go into a beehive and kill the queen, then expect everything will be fine while walking out. You will get stung, and stung hard.

And war sometimes is a good thing. Without a World War I and II, Nazi SS's (my grandfather was an SS soldier) and the rest of the Hitler movement in Germany would have spread their poisonous view and policy to all of Europe and Russia, eventually working their way further out to possibly the US. Those same wars also helped the US out of the great depression mind you. It created tons of jobs for it's citizens. Just a shame so many soldiers had to die. But then again, back in those days, you knew who you were fighting and you actually went to war with a true passion for upholding the american spirit.

Most of our troops today more than likely hardly even really know who they ARE actually fighting. They are over their suffering almost the same conditions as the supposed enemy, and dying left and right. They deserve better. All the American forces do.

Unfortunately for the younger Americans, they are not as informed or now have any access to any documents relieving the truth about past wars and future wars. The point is, we started the whole damn with the middle east by sticking our noses in their business stretching back to the mid 80's. From that point on, we have further involved ourselves in things that didn't need our involving. Nothing fruitful has come from us invading the middle east. Did any good come from taking out Sadam? Nope. Pointless revenge act for something Sadam was "claimed" to have involvement in.

Speaking of "claims", let's just start with the most recent. Osama Bin Laden. The man was never convicted, named or charged by any international law or government council outside the US for any crimes related to the United States. Go ahead, look it up. You will not see one official filed charge against the man. WE needed to put a face on evil for the things done to our men and women, and OUR GOVERNMENT chose a foreign national to suspect, judge and execute. Did we really think killing Osama wasn't going to bring any rage or more attacks to our country. You don't go into a beehive and kill the queen, then expect everything will be fine while walking out. You will get stung, and stung hard.

And war sometimes is a good thing. Without a World War I and II, Nazi SS's (my grandfather was an SS soldier) and the rest of the Hitler movement in Germany would have spread their poisonous view and policy to all of Europe and Russia, eventually working their way further out to possibly the US. Those same wars also helped the US out of the great depression mind you. It created tons of jobs for it's citizens. Just a shame so many soldiers had to die. But then again, back in those days, you knew who you were fighting and you actually went to war with a true passion for upholding the american spirit.

Most of our troops today more than likely hardly even really know who they ARE actually fighting. They are over their suffering almost the same conditions as the supposed enemy, and dying left and right. They deserve better. All the American forces do.

Wait, you wanted a conviction?! ARE YOU INSANE!? A man who has brought about the deaths of thousands of innocent, and you wanted a court to try him!? He isn't some petty criminal. Regardless of what we did to Bin Laden, they will try to kill all of us, ONLY TO THEM, they believe Islam as called for our destruction. You can't negotiate with zealots (religous extremeists, in case you don't know what a zealot is) Bin Laden recived support from Saddam. Saddam. also was a genocidal maniac (thousands were spared after the Iraqi BZ gas factories were destroyed by the USMC) and was infulencing and supporting al-Qadia cells. Bin Laden was organizing the entire thing, with him dead they now lack a powerful leader and have fallen into disarray. As far as US-Arab relations, they hate us because were are allies with Israel. If you somehow think ignoring these people and forgetting about it will end the war, you need to do research outside of MSNBC. (All media lies, but the are BY FAR the worst.) If we do what you segest, MILLIONS will die, 9/11 will look like a child's play. Bin Laden confesed to organizing 9/11 and other al-Qaida operations, and his captured operators also said as much. These people want us dead PERIOD. If you truly believe what I have read, you are either in shock, delusional, VERY misinformed (most likey), a terrorist supporter, or just plain stupid. I agree about the US soldiers though. Too many have died because the commanders are trying to use conventonal tactics on an uncoventional enemy. It doesn't work. Please accualy read the documents you mentioned. If I am inncorrect, please prove it to me.

Wish we could. But terrorists are zealots, therefore they believe that Allah has called for our deaths. I hate how these people try to use Islam as a way to justify these actions. They would kill us regardless, they are on a jihad, a holy war it will NEVER end, unless (terrorists often cannot be told apart from the innocent) we destroy an entrie religon! And that is unspeakable, billions of innocents would die.

The documents I refer to are the ones the government post up as a constitutional right of the publics "disclosure" of all government activities. These documents are posted up for mere minutes or mere seconds then taken down, declassified, blacked out and filed away in the Congressional Library. Even having access to the library does not guarantee you will know what to look for or what you will find. I don't disagree that what happened sucks, but taking the ramblings of an old middle eastern ideology extremist is not enough for me. I want to see the physical proof that we got the REAL undeniable enemy. My point is this, America sucks. Face facts. It has become a second rate laughing stock of the world. The only thing we know how to do well anymore is take a licking and hand out threats from our military. Do we export or produce any real usable world wide good or supply? We don't even have enough care or comintment to keep a majority of our businesses from going over seas. Had we kept our noses out of problems that did not concern us, we would not be where we are now. Can anyone give us any good reason why we got involved in the middle east to begin with. And I don't mean from late 90's to now...I'm talking since after the Vietnam war. What purpose or goal did we really have out there? Oil? Money? Territory expansion? Look at some of the captured documents from web sites that specialize in government declassified documents. You would be astonished to see what kind of things the government has on file and has done. But whatever. I'll happily be going back to my father land in the next few years away from this hell hole. German born and bred! And damn proud of it!

T

The documents I refer to are the ones the government post up as a constitutional right of the publics "disclosure" of all government activities. These documents are posted up for mere minutes or mere seconds then taken down, declassified, blacked out and filed away in the Congressional Library. Even having access to the library does not guarantee you will know what to look for or what you will find. I don't disagree that what happened sucks, but taking the ramblings of an old middle eastern ideology extremist is not enough for me. I want to see the physical proof that we got the REAL undeniable enemy. My point is this, America sucks. Face facts. It has become a second rate laughing stock of the world. The only thing we know how to do well anymore is take a licking and hand out threats from our military. Do we export or produce any real usable world wide good or supply? We don't even have enough care or comintment to keep a majority of our businesses from going over seas. Had we kept our noses out of problems that did not concern us, we would not be where we are now. Can anyone give us any good reason why we got involved in the middle east to begin with. And I don't mean from late 90's to now...I'm talking since after the Vietnam war. What purpose or goal did we really have out there? Oil? Money? Territory expansion? Look at some of the captured documents from web sites that specialize in government declassified documents. You would be astonished to see what kind of things the government has on file and has done. But whatever. I'll happily be going back to my father land in the next few years away from this hell hole. German born and bred! And damn proud of it!

T

The point is not U.S. involvement. Its nations joining together to fight Al Quada. Other countries had their own versions of 9/11 (like the Moscow train bombing.)

So I'm just suggesting that nations band together to stop Al Quada from killing everyone.

Sorry about that drunken rant from yesterday. I am clear headed and sober now. The german in me gets fiesty when alcohol is involved.

I agree 100% Brave. Taking on terrorism should be a complete unilateral world involved task. Sometimes I get the feeling that the US is the only country with enough balls to stand up and take action. Even the UN can't get enough of the world to.take action. But then again unless we could effectivly destroy the islam religion, killing the head of these terrorist networks will only inspire more followers and other heads will just grow in its place.

Sorry about that drunken rant from yesterday. I am clear headed and sober now. The german in me gets fiesty when alcohol is involved.

I agree 100% Brave. Taking on terrorism should be a complete unilateral world involved task. Sometimes I get the feeling that the US is the only country with enough balls to stand up and take action. Even the UN can't get enough of the world to.take action. But then again unless we could effectivly destroy the islam religion, killing the head of these terrorist networks will only inspire more followers and other heads will just grow in its place.

!st: If we were to sluaghter every muslim in sight. It will bring a political ****storm.

It is best to trail "suspected" terrorists while taking lethal action on terrorists who have already struck. That way no one can play the "execution without trail" card