Halo 4 ranking system

shookum33

How would you like to see your ranking system?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see your ranking system?

• Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • Halo Reach
    • Mix between 2,3,and Reach

In my opinion the halo 2 ranking system was closest to right. It was a little too hard to rank up but it gave it such a competitive edge. Halo 3 was too easy to rank up and people would boost and sell 50's to people who didnt deserve them. I hope they bring the 1-50 system back but yet keep the cR system as well. Im tired of getting matched up with pros one game then scrubs the next in Halo Reach. And for God's sake bring the BR back! What's your thoughts?

EDIT: Now that some details about multiplayer has been released, I'm scared that a ranking system will be difficult to implement. I hope they separate playlists like h3 (social and competitive) so they can add these changes to social but leave competitive alone to give it the "Halo feel". In game progress joins could not be ranked. I found a good video of someone(halo reach pro) explaining the ranking system in all aspects. He makes and recognizes key points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOyb5vRuSE

They should do a mix between H3/Reach Ranking system

You get credits while playing games(But credits is only for customization) and you get exp by winning games

like Halo 3 and you Rank up with exp but with no skill level

In Halo 3 you did not rank fast at all because of the Trueskill

The Halo 2 ranking system was perfect. Only the absolute best players managed to get a 50. I was a 'level' 33 in Halo 2, but in H3 did I get a 50 in Lone Wolf and Team Slayer about 2 months after I got the game, but many 50s were way above or under my level, it wasn't unusual to get matched against players who were way above or under my level, it was such a mess.

• Like 2

and if you remeber there was an update which slowed down the speed at which people rank up by a good amount, thats why i like the h3 system, but i swear no matter what 343 needs to fix that deranking stuff, i mean in most playlist it didnt bother me except in MLG, it was already hard enough for some with no team (or a free agent F/A) like me to get to 50 but with all that deranking it was needless to say a real ***** to get to 50

reachreachreachreachreachreach!

they had better names, it was more obvious on what was happening with how long you had left to rank up, the credit/customization was epic, and ranking up was better

Ya it takes a while to rank up cR wise, but there is no skill ranking, so mm is random when it comes to who you play.

The Halo 2 ranking system was perfect. Only the absolute best players managed to get a 50. I was a 'level' 33 in Halo 2, but in H3 did I get a 50 in Lone Wolf and Team Slayer about 2 months after I got the game, but many 50s were way above or under my level, it wasn't unusual to get matched against players who were way above or under my level, it was such a mess.

Ya even if you did get in a game with all 50's there's a gap between skill. Plus you could be playin someone who bought their 50 from a booster.

They should keep credits for the armour and everything, but also have a skill level like halo 3, what I mean is, you still rank up like in halo reach but you also have a skill rating to show how good you are at the game, the skill rank would determine who you get matched up with, and the credit rank will simply show how long you've played for. It would have the 1-50 rank next to your name, then it would also have the credit rank next to that.

I liked h3 system a lot but it would be amazing if they combined h2 system in as well. i think reach was horrible and was too similar to call of duty and games like that. i takes no skill to rank up and its more or less based on how much you play. But a mix with H3 and H2 would be my preference

• Like 1

In my opinion the halo 2 ranking system was closest to right. It was a little too hard to rank up but it gave it such a competitive edge. Halo 3 was too easy to rank up and people would boost and sell 50's to people who didnt deserve them. I hope they bring the 1-50 system back but yet keep the cR system as well. Im tired of getting matched up with pros one game then scrubs the next in Halo Reach. And for God's sake bring the BR back! What's your thoughts?

They should do a mix between H3/Reach Ranking system

You get credits while playing games(But credits is only for customization) and you get exp by winning games

like Halo 3 and you Rank up with exp but with no skill level

In Halo 3 you did not rank fast at all because of the Trueskill

This is what many will be able to cope with

if there were no ranks then there are no ranks i dont play halo for the ranks and stuff like that i play for fun and for the people that play for fun the best system i could think of is the reach system because you dont need skill to rank and its a bit more fun with out cheaters and with no ranks there would be no reason to cheat to get a rank and no one really likes cheaters so no ranks would be the most fair thing to do to stop some of the cheaters form cheating in halo

Just a question to open up the conversation.

the online multiplayer has every weapon and gamemode you want so...

Would you still play the online multiplayer if.

There were no ranks?

well number 1 i want my BR not DMR and if there were no ranks at all id see myself getting extremly bored fast since i AM a competitive gamer, you have to remember a VERY large part of the halo community are competitive, i mean halo put competitve gaming on consoles permantly on the map, to me this would be a slap in the face and dissapointment to see what started it all for me and others to go down the dark path...

• Like 1

if there were no ranks then there are no ranks i dont play halo for the ranks and stuff like that i play for fun and for the people that play for fun the best system i could think of is the reach system because you dont need skill to rank and its a bit more fun with out cheaters and with no ranks there would be no reason to cheat to get a rank and no one really likes cheaters so no ranks would be the most fair thing to do to stop some of the cheaters form cheating in halo

No. that is dumb. youre dumb. flame me if youu want but theres a ton of competitve gamers who would back me up on this.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I agree but the rank isnt to SEE whos the best imo. Its to match up with people your skill. Playing with people your skill is the most fun

the ranking system on halo 3 was so very well made and competitive

When other big title games came out i would play them for maybe a week or two then return to Halo

I could play all day on weekends without even thinking about it (10 hours+ a day)

I played Halo Reach for a few days... then dropped it

Call of Duty multiplayer style (where the more you play the higher your rank) isn't my preference)

It isn't as fun as skill-based "trueskill" system that we all (competitive players) love

• Like 2