When will they bring back live action ranking

Enplosion

If it was simply win vs loss(maybee some streak bonuses/penalties), your experience playing no part, and it was made to where you couldnt play with someone more than 10 ranks apart from you, derankers and boosters wouldnt exist.. simple solutions.. make 2 or 3 playlists ranked. the rest social .. and everyone should be happy, no? ranked doubles, social doubles, ranked infinity, social infinity. etc. shouldnt be a problem here. its been long enough. even arena in reach was better for a competitive player.. i just cant understand why the system is not in and now.

Perhaps I can be of some assistance here. Here's a couple little known facts regarding the skilled ranking system.  Firstly, Frank O'Connor, the key knob at the helm of 343i, stated some time ago (8-10 months or so), that Halo would be abandoning the skill ranking system type of system, stating essentially only 1% the Halo community actually cares for it.  First off, this couldnt be more innacurate, but more importantly it signified the direction 343i was choosing to go regardless of how many ppl actually wanted it.

Second, on the waypoint forums, BS Angel actually decided to respond for once to a thread regarding CSR. Someone had the novel idea of making your own rank present in your service record, in an attempt to by-pass this visible on "way point" only CSR coming in April.   She responded, rough quote "Though this is a great idea, there are insurmountable hurdles to make this work and we dont have the resources to accomplish this."  

So Im just saying, if you read between the lines here, its pretty clear.  For whatever reason Frank O'Connor/343i felt/decided that Halo didnt need a skilled ranking system and built the game without it in their plans.  We're all aware this game was rushed, its obvious.  So now we're at the stage where the fanbase is and has been screaming for a skilled ranking only 343i doesnt have the ability to build it into the current game.  Hence waypoint only.

All this is, is a near fatal error on the part of 343i, to assume, based on what reasoning I have no clue, that Halo all a sudden did not need a skilled ranking system.  Its what you could call an arrogant, bone- headed decision, of mass proportions. 

Excellent post. No point in supporting a company when Frankie himself refuses to listen to the logic of the fan base and instead rushes a game based on foolish decision making.  Their justification is that every kid needs to feel like a winner, so that they get more sales.  By putting a true ranking system in place, it would upset the noobs.

• Like 1

I love the people that dont want ranking systems back or say that we dont know what we are asking for. They were the people that were always low ranked and had hard times jumping up in slayer game types ranking. Looking at a K/D spread tells you nothing about a player cause you got kids who camp and kids who can actually play. And diff game types will effect the ranking so ranking systems dont just go off of slayer. So yes we do know what we are asking for. And those who would complain about it is cause they dont have the skills to rank up. Leveling gets borring very fast but if you have a rank system where you constantly are having to improve yourself, youll get more people that want to play daily. The people with multiple accounts that want to jack up their rank doesnt mean a thing cause when they have to play against a true high ranked players they are gonna get their butt handed to them so its irrelivant that multiple account will make people hate ranking.

• Like 1