Halo and Metroid Crossover Game... Maybe?

Noxus

So here's an odd thought I had. What if Nintendo and 343 made a game crossing the Halo Universe with the Metroid Universe? This thought was inspired off of the Haloid video on YouTube. But think about it for a second. I don't know how the story would be put together in a way that would seem plausible (mainly because I haven't given it much thought) but I do have some ideas on multiplayer.

Players can choose between playing as Spartans and a version of Samus, each with different qualities.

Both Spartans and Samus have unlockable armor which you can wear during the game.

Spartans (Using Halo 4 Gameplay Mechanics)

-Can customize Loadouts

-Can use two weapons

-Able to use different Armor abilities

-Shields

-Can call in Ordinance

-Can't collect health powerups, beam weapons for Samus or ammo powerups on the map (That pertains to Samus)

Samus

-Can unlock different beams and missiles for Arm Cannon (which would consume ammo except the Power Beam)

-Able to use Morph Ball along with Bombs or Power Bombs

-Different Suits which can help against damage or traversing terrain (Gravity Suit would help cross rivers in some maps without being slowed while Varia Suit would help lower damage and effects of fire and Ice weapons)

-Can't pick up or use UNSC weapons

-Health Bar (being able to store up to one extra Energy Tank and being able to collect health powerups on the map)

Special Gamemodes

Samus vs. Spartans- 4 v. 4 Reds: Spartans Blues: Samus

Extermination- Co-Op or Competitive Firefight-like game where you take out enemy forces like Covenant (if they're still around at that point LOL) Metroids and Space Pirates.

I know this idea is a bit "out there" but it's an interesting concept to think about. So tell me what you think. Feel free to add/change anything. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Unless Retro studios and 343 bumped into each other and had coffee sometime, I don't see it happening, buuut ya never know. :P

Personally, I am an avid fan of both halo and metroid so I would appreciate it. Nice idea, btw.

~Vinyl Scratch <3

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Unless Retro studios and 343 bumped into each other and had coffee sometime, I don't see it happening, buuut ya never know. :P

Personally, I am an avid fan of both halo and metroid so I would appreciate it. Nice idea, btw.

~Vinyl Scratch <3

XD Thanks. You neeeeeeever know.

(Also, I hope another Metroid game comes out within the next few years. LOL) 

• 1 year later...

How about (and this seems more plausible as it allows multiple games to be released allowing for more money) two games with the same story line, except Halo characters (either Master Chief or your own spartan like in Reach) are only playable on Xbox, and Samus and the Metroid characters (assuming you have a mode where you could play as a space pirate) are only playable on Nintindo's system. As for the universes being incompatible, in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, we used a portal to travel to the ever distant pirate homeworld. Why couldn't we create another portal leading into the Halo universe?