My Gamersblend.com Writer Appllication

John-117

I was required to review a game and I would like to know what everyone thinks! :) Please note the second image is smaller than the size it is on this site.

Halo: Reach Review

Covenant Beware

Ten years ago we got a franchise that has started a craze throughout the world for the past decade. Halo: Reach continues the line of games for such a wonderful franchise. Now Halo: Reach was a bit of a shocker when it was first revealed, whether it is the introduction to armor abilities or the fact that this is a prequel to the whole Halo series.

Halo: Reach follows the heroic story and sacrifices of a group of people called Noble Team. You take up the role of the character Noble Six who is filling in for the recently deceased Thom-293. At the beginning of the game you get into your first encounter with the covenant. Throughout the campaign you witness the heroic sacrifices that Noble Team had to make. One thing that makes Reach standout from the rest of the franchise is the mission structure and variety. One minute you will be high tailing it through space trying to take out a giant covenant ship, and then you are in the city of New Alexandria on a jetpack oriented mission. This campaign is really one of the greatest throughout the franchise.

Halo-Reach-Campaign-lone-wolf.jpg

Now, where Reach really shines is its multiplayer component. The addition of armor abilities (the replacement for equipment) really affects the game play for each match. A good example would be on Hemorrhage, which is a hybrid of Blood Gulch/ Coagulation. This map is mainly vehicle oriented but, if you are like me and are the stealthy type, then you could choose the jetpack and get up to this high nook in the map and snipe your little heart away. Also, we now can customize our Spartan in more than 1 Million combinations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1x6jo-NQo

Now here is where some of Reach’s flaws come in, firefight. When playing firefight on ODST (the game that takes place between Halo 2 and 3) it was a challenge, now it is sadly not. The reason for this is armor abilities. If I were Bungie, I would have implemented a hybrid of Call of Duty’s “Zombies” game type to where you would have to purchase the abilities for a one time use.

Halo_Reach_4.jpg

In Halo 3 we got introduced to Forge, in Halo: Reach we get Forge 2.0 which gives us the ability to have objects go through other objects (other know as Ghost Forging in Halo 3) and keep objects in mid air without falling. We also get a wonderful thing called Forge World which is a giant map where you can build till your sick. I am just worried that it will get boring a year after release.

Theater is still pretty much the same in Halo 3 but, one thing I wish they could have allowed was the ability to have more than 1 person viewing in theater.

As you can see Reach is a great way to leave the series in a bang and also a swansong to many fans. I give Halo: Reach a 9/10.

Edited by Twam
Fixed YouTube Video Problem
  • Like 1