Elites for Halo 5 and/or 6

Seeker of Truth

If 343 does not include playable Elites and friendly AI elites for Halo 5 or 6, a significant portion of the community, including myself, will not be happy.

In Halo 3, being alongside both humans and Elites was one of the best parts of the campaign. Playable Elites for 3 and Reach also made for great machinimas.

Now, in Halo 4, Elites are more or less gone, except for as hostile AIs. Now I don't personally have that much of a problem with that, although it does mean that you need to also have Reach on hand if you want a machinima featuring them. I understand the reason for no Elites in War Games. I understand the reason for no friendly Elites in the Campaign (the Arbiter's forces presumably have their hands full dealing with the Covenant remnant elswhere). But 343 really does need to bring back friendly and playable Elites for future releases. They are an excellent campaign ally, a handy enhancement for Machinima, an overall good story element, and there's a good-sized portion of the community that takes on Elite-like characteristics (I don't go that far, although Elites are by far my favorite species in Halo).

The bottom line is...343 NEEDS TO BRING THEM BACK. I'm sure many people agree with me on this.

What are your thoughts?

P.S.

People who are opposed to me, post a GOOD, SERIOUS REASON why 343 should not bring back friendly elites. If there are any of those weird human supremacists who get outraged over the presence of friendly aliens in a science-fiction video game on this forum, please just don't reply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sangheili are CRUCIAL in Halo. Ever since the Arbiter missions in Halo 2, it has attracted more people to the fanbase of the Halo community. i know some people who only play Halo for the Elites. It is understandable not to include them in War Games, but forge? Custom games? Elite fans make up atleast a third of the entire Halo community and should not be ignored. I, and many other people, are considering not even buying the next Halo installment if Elites are not playable.

Playable Elites weren't a priority in the making of Halo 4. 343i would have had to make the character model playable from scratch. I do believe they will be in Halo 5 because the Arbiter will be back. They can use his basic character model as a chassis for others.