Halo 2 Anticheating Engine Idea

renton3241

The Monstrmoose community already has an Anti-Cheat aptly named Anti-Cheat. It's not a cheat detecting app for other players, it requires suspected cheaters to run it to be on certain servers. But in short, there is no anti-cheat that would allow PC players to be detected 100^...only maybe about 10% of the time in reality.

Keep in mind Kills, that all we would have to do is recompile the trainers or apps like Ambiguous to accomodate the change. Reality is, there is no sure fire way to stop all hacks in gaming. Bungie tried and failed, 343 tried and failed, even Valve tries and fails. Some things will just always get through. But for PC gaming, you usually see a lot less hacks consistantly. At least thats what I see from playing Halo 2 PC and Halo 1.

Keep in mind Kills, that all we would have to do is recompile the trainers or apps like Ambiguous to accomodate the change. Reality is, there is no sure fire way to stop all hacks in gaming. Bungie tried and failed, 343 tried and failed, even Valve tries and fails. Some things will just always get through. But for PC gaming, you usually see a lot less hacks consistantly. At least thats what I see from playing Halo 2 PC and Halo 1.

All I ask is to completely reduce the hacks as much as possible. Thats what I want an anticheating engine to do

Doesn't matter, this would remove most of the hacks because the people who made many of them did not release source code and are not playing the game anymore. Thus Kant might update Ambiguous if it happened and that would be great, I use Ambiguous for all kinds of mapping and Machinima purposes.