Issues Of Halo 4

haloman5000

I am pretty sure someone has posted this somewhere else, but i'm going to post it anyway. Well after a few weeks, I've noticed a few things wrong, or missing, with Halo 4. Honestly, in general Halo 4 is a good game. But it's just missing a few things:

- ODST Armor

- Loadouts? Weapon unlocks? (What is this, CoD?!)

- Ordinance (This is NOT halo. what happened to when in halo 3 when you could get find weapons on the map itself?)

- Team colors are screwed up (what happened to Red, Blue, Green, orange, Purple, Gold, Brown, Pink?)

- The Plasma Rifle

- Forge World (I know impact is big, but ill address that later)*

- Manual Nudging was removed

- Battle Rifle (Sounds like a cricket chirping rather than it did in halo 2)

- Editor Traits in forge (not a big deal, but i'm adding it anyway)

- no UNSC flying vehicle (no hornets or falcons. WTF?!)

- Magnet points on some blocks are off (Brace, large magnets cant be used to make a tall wall using magnet mode)

- No campaign scoring (it was always fun in reach to play campaign co-op and get a bunch of Cr.)*

- Certain forge pieces don't have the same dimensions as in reach (door is too wide, brides too wide,walls to small, window, coliseum is not like it is in reach)*

First of all, Impact is my main map. It's just missing all the different environments. Erosion would be a LOT better if you could explore the entire cavern.

Next, campaign scoring. I have a GOOD idea of why it was removed. Boosting. In reach people would boost on the second mission to get mass amounts of Cr.

And forge pieces. On a certain video, before halo 4's release, it stated that anything built in reach could be built in halo 4. Well, that isn't true, apparently. Doors and brides are too wide, and what the -Yoink!- happened to the coliseum window??? Point is, Halo reach maps can NOT be perfectly remade in halo 4.

Now, if ALL of this was changed in halo 5, it could be the best halo yet. (COULD be the best halo yet)

If you want me to add to this list, post it in the comments.

First of all, your list of issues don't even come close to the full list of every persisting issue in Halo 4. It's a teeny tiny list compared to the full one.

Now, to respond to all of them...

-Maybe. Never liked it.

-You just complained about armor unlocks not being here, now you get annoyed that guns can be unlocked? Not like it takes a long time to unlock them. Plus, Loadouts don't affect gameplay if people doesn't want it to.

-This IS Halo. Halo 1 never had duel wielding; people complained. Halo 2 never had equipment; people complained. Halo 3 never had bloom or AA. People complained. I really don't find it surprising people complain about Ordinance. My main issue about it is how 343 doesn't offer a competitive playlist that completely negates the randomness of Ordinance.

-Not really. I just feel like Blue and Red has too much white mixed in.

-The Plasma Rifle is no longer in this game. Deal with the fact that the Storm Rifle is better.

-Forge World? What a joke. I'll always miss Halo: Reach's forge world. With all the customs I played on it, its almost a second home. Ravine barely compares; the lack of Forerunner pallets make me go ???. It's tiny. We used to be able to Forge on Alaska, Montana, the Canyon, cave, the sea, the island, the grifball cave, the flat plain above it, the air, many places. In Halo 4 each locale is severely limited.

-Can't argue with you there, precision editing + zoom easily made Forge 2.0.....well, the best Forge to work with. Ignoring the limited custom game options.

-BR sounds like an actual gun. An M16 and SCAR firing a 3 round burst sounds bad? Ooo-oo.

-Lets just say, Forge in Halo 4 compared to Forge in Halo Reach is a downgrade. Magnets don't work properly. If implementing an idea, 343, don't break it.

-Personally, I played campaign for campaign and not points, but thats just me.

-This doesn't matter to me. Although the shapes may be changed, it doesn't stop people from forging good maps.

To add? Errr....

-Lack of actual competitive playlist

-Overpowered pocket shotgun available at spawn that can easily trump Shotguns.

-Camo campers not being punished.

-Randomness.

-DMR makes all other Primary precision weapons obsolete except maybe the Light Rifle.

-Theater availability is terrible with the lack of Spartan Ops and Campaign filming.

-Forge Glitches from Halo 3/Reach are STILL not fixed. 3 years spent on what,343?

-Campaign Glitches. Even my 5 year old cousin is clever enough to make sure, if designing a Forge map, to have no places where people can sneak out. 343? 'Lets have an entire level where you can skip to the final part of just by jumping through a hole!' 'Lets create levels whose every fight you can skip using glitches!'

-No Elites for 'canon', adds in Flood as a replacement which canonically is stupid, and gameplay wise is worse than Infection and Theater wise useless

-Lack of Invasion

-Spartan Ops doesn't actually advance story each time you play it, and features repetitive levels where all you do is kill enemies and click buttons while lagging like insanity.

-Fileshare unavailable for 3 months after release.

-No skill ranking except for CSR, released 6 months after game release.

-CSR not visible unless you have a laptop/tablet/android/iphone beside you.

-No competitive playlist till tomorrow

-Spartan Rank 130 can be reached easily.

-Bad voting system

-UI is a HD degrade from previous games

Obviously tons more.

I do not like the custom loadouts and ordinance either, but 343 is going to do what they think will earn them the most sales and best reviews, and that is by appealing to those with less of a Halo history and more of a general "shooter" history (i.e. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Crysis, etc.). They did a fantastic job of appealing to the general gaming community but I felt it left a long time Halo vet like myself hanging, wanting a more traditional Halo gameplay than what Halo 4 offered. All thing evolve, but not everyone will agree.