Campaign challenges

probably my BR

A couple weeks ago i tried getting one of the campaign challenges completed. It was the challenge were you gotta beat any mission heroic or higher with tilt,storm and tough luck skulls. I played it solo on legendary and it took me a long time to beat and after beating the mission i didn't get the challenge. I doubled checked everything and nothing was wrong. So i tried again another day different mission same skulls on legendary solo. Once again it took me forever and i didn't get the challenge. I went back and read the challenge statement a billion times and nothing was wrong. WTF am i doing wrong.

Im tryin to do this weeks challenge with all these 4 skulls on, on the composer map! But I can not seem to put a dent in the elites at all, I charged the plasma pistol hit with that then 2 plasma nades an it still didn't take his armour down? Now at this rate with the amount of ammo its takin to take 1 down there not gonna be enough to do the full landin bay!! Any help would be most appreciated:-/!

Oh and to ur post ur xbox didnt disconnect from xbox live at any point did it? I had it before were it said I hadnt finished the game cuz of it, so maybe its that!