HELP ASAP!!! - Can't load maps

tylerashton94

Hi,

I purchased Halo 4 back in late December and I've been busy for the last month and a half or so. After playing online at a friend's house for the first time a few days ago, I was excited enough to FINALLY open the game because it brought back some good memories from Halo 3.

Upon putting the disc in, I immediately went to match making and discovered I had to download disc 2 before playing. Okay, fine.

So i popped in disc 2, it downloaded and told me to re-insert disc 1. Okay, fine. This is where it gets frustrating...

So i go into match making with my friend and we join a game, vote on the map, and just as the map begins to load...BAM! Disconnected...My buddy is in the game but I was booted back to the searching for players lobby.

I figure that this problem will fix itself and decide I'll play campaign for a bit and come back.

I go to play campaign and the prologue plays with no problem and just as I'm about to move onto the first mission...BAM! Campaign menu. I try to join the first mission without doing the prologue and it still won't let me.

A notification on the bottom of the screen keeps appearing saying that a player may not have reccommended DLC, which i know i do because I went back to disc 2 and it says that I've already downloaded it. Since then I've deleted and re-installed it 4 or 5 times and I still get the same thing. I've re-downloaded, I've downloaded disc 2 before putting disc 1 in, I've downloaded it from xbox live and still nothing. It is beginning to get frustrating and I think my game may have to go in the trash. Can anyone please help me with this? I've looked online and saw people with the same problem but I haven't found a way to fix it yet. Thanks in advance.

Tyler

a possible suggestion, though im not sure if it will help, exchange your copy for another copy, or play at a buddies house using their copy. another suggestion, if you got a buddy you can play with, is to alternate who uses the copy and for how long, like you get it for a week, then your buddy gets it for a week, get what im saying? if that doesnt work, try contacting 343's support, couldnt find any links to give you