Bethesda Game Studios making a Fallout 4?

its_Yasyszczuk

I've heard a lot of rumors of a Fallout 4, most of which are just speculation, but some which seem legitimate, as they contain one or two fragments of information that is the same as something I'd heard earlier.....

But if Bethesda Game Studios is in fact making a Fallout 4, I await it with unprecedented excitement.

I never played the original Fallout, I've only played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, as I cannot find any copies of the older Fallout games, but I enjoyed Fallout 3, and still do. New Vegas, however, I was a little disappointed, as the Vault Suit and Pip-Boy 3000 are not yours, so I did not feel a sense of Pride.......

But here are somethings that I think Bethesda should do....

Setting in New York, with a DLC that allows for the player to travel into Canada, so we may see what the rest of the world looked like after 2077.

Bring back the Brotherhood, New Vegas basically removed them as a power, and I was not too happy about that...

feel free to add your own ideas, I only added two because I want to see other people's ideas.

I read somewhere that Bethesda said they weren't going to show any of the rest of the world. I'm not sure if that was true but I also read that there was going to be a fallout spin-off shortly after fallout 2 that was during the great war and you were in Europe but it got canceled. It is rumored that Fallout 4 is going to be in Boston.

• 2 weeks later...
I read somewhere that Bethesda said they weren't going to show any of the rest of the world. I'm not sure if that was true but I also read that there was going to be a fallout spin-off shortly after fallout 2 that was during the great war and you were in Europe but it got canceled. It is rumored that Fallout 4 is going to be in Boston.
They said the series will stay in America and only move forward in time.

Also the resource wars game you mentioned was just an idea and was never to be made into a game. And it also happened in Europe before the Great War I believe.

• 1 month later...

I can say that I am slightly excited and a little more disappointed  I was hoping for another Elder Scrolls game. There was two Fallout games made and released in the time span of Bethesda going from Oblivion to Skyrim. And I dont count Elder Scrolls Online. Its not made by Bethesda, its just published by Bethesda. Damn, so much for going to Eleswhere or Hammerfell anytime soon. :(

I am a bit more interested in this Fallout: Los Angeles Obsidian wants to make. Boston is cool and all, but all the dope stuff happens on the west coast.

I would see that game being pretty bad considering that the NCR has controlled LA for about 100 years now. Besides some crime and gang stuff I don't see anything really happening.

I can say that I am slightly excited and a little more disappointed  I was hoping for another Elder Scrolls game. There was two Fallout games made and released in the time span of Bethesda going from Oblivion to Skyrim. And I dont count Elder Scrolls Online. Its not made by Bethesda, its just published by Bethesda. Damn, so much for going to Eleswhere or Hammerfell anytime soon. :(

No, Fallout 3 probably started a trend. TES game, Fallout game, TES game, Fallout game, etc.

Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas, Bethesda just published it.

Ah ok. I wasnt aware that someone else did one of the Fallout games fairly recently so to speak. I knew Bethesda wasnt the original owner of the Fallout series, but I just didn't know someone else besides Bethesda recently did a game. 

I would see that game being pretty bad considering that the NCR has controlled LA for about 100 years now. Besides some crime and gang stuff I don't see anything really happening.

No, Fallout 3 probably started a trend. TES game, Fallout game, TES game, Fallout game, etc.

Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas, Bethesda just published it.

Nothing some clever backpedalling and some plotcrafting can't fix. They could easily 'invent' an issue or conflict in that setting that would make for compelling story/gameplay.