The next installment of the 343i CF Member Podcast is here! Now with 100% more SuperIntendent!

LiQuid BioniX

Loved the recent podcast guys, awesome as always. Since you guys mentioned my name, I figured I would post about what it was about. When Super mentioned "graphics combined" in regards to Cryengine 3 or more to the point "Crysis 3", I think he meant that if you take the raw power of each separate iteration of the engines and combined them or the leaps each one made and applied it to another, Cryengine 3 would still blow it away.

And to add real quick on the Crysis 3 discussion you guys had, Crysis 3 does not used Cryengine 3, but the next version of the engine. We talked about this over at Crydev.net in regards to the next release of SDK tools, and the Community manager confirmed that the next tool release following Crysis 3 will be the next gen toolset for the newest version of the Crytek engine. We still don't know if their naming it Cryengine 4 or possibly Cryengine 3.1 or what have you....but I'll let you know when I find out!

• Like 2

Loved the recent podcast guys, awesome as always. Since you guys mentioned my name, I figured I would post about what it was about. When Super mentioned "graphics combined" in regards to Cryengine 3 or more to the point "Crysis 3", I think he meant that if you take the raw power of each separate iteration of the engines and combined them or the leaps each one made and applied it to another, Cryengine 3 would still blow it away.

And to add real quick on the Crysis 3 discussion you guys had, Crysis 3 does not used Cryengine 3, but the next version of the engine. We talked about this over at Crydev.net in regards to the next release of SDK tools, and the Community manager confirmed that the next tool release following Crysis 3 will be the next gen toolset for the newest version of the Crytek engine. We still don't know if their naming it Cryengine 4 or possibly Cryengine 3.1 or what have you....but I'll let you know when I find out!

Nice! I don't know diddly squat about Crysis, but I figured that they might be on a new engine just because the game is supposed to look incredible and next-gen. I'm glad someone is finally coming out with a new engine! Seems like it used to be Cryengine and/or Unreal Engine for the longest time.