why no new invasion maps?

g00n77

invasion maps   

18 members have voted

1. 1. do we need more invasion maps?

• yes, we need community maps added to the invasion playlist
    • yes, we need 343 to make a map pack that includes an invasion map
    • i don't play invasion
    • NO, their are enough invasion maps to go around.
    • WHATS INVASION?

Why do other playlists get community made maps but not invasion? i understand that its hard to balance invasion maps but im sure somone has pulled it off. anyway we can just create simple maps that are easier to balance. i just think we need more variety because breakpoint only comes once in a blue moon. even if the map was as simple as capturing bases on a flat plane we need more maps. also we need invasion maps that utilize the revenant and the mongoose. i notice that their is not a single invasion map with those vehicles even though they would be usefull. and why no plasma rifles?

community made invasion maps would be cool because you could do neat stuff like start it off as an air battle where one side has to attack a floating platform (ship) with banshees while the others defend with falcons and turrents. then when that point gets captured it can escalate to a all out ground battle with warthogs and ghosts aplenty. then the 3rd round will be tank wars and whatnot.

this would be pretty complex but simple invasion maps would work too, we just need more maps

• Like 1

I'm praying some of the CEA maps can be used on Invasion, that will make me play the playlist again, frankly getting sick of Spire & Boneyard

i agree i would like a space battle invasion map or just more maps in general. spire and boneyard are awsome but it gets tire some after playing them for 3 hours. and breakpoint hardly ever shows up. invasion breakpoint shows up pretty often in premium battle but nobody votes for it and even when they do half of the players quit because they just want to play CTF

Agreed, id rather they just threw breakpoint into the invasion list for everyone to play whether they have dlc or not, breakpoint was a brilliant map, oh and bring the banshee back into breakpoint invasion

yea breakpoint should be free. as far as i know breakpoint invasion still has a banshee...although i have not played in a few days meyb they changed it that fast?

i totally agree. more invasion maps required. not necessarily air battles and stuff like that. but definitely different layouts to go through. like why not start with bombing a cave wall, when that explodes you move onto the next stage. capture a hill somewhere then go into a coliseum type arena for the core and battle to get it out.

i totally agree. more invasion maps required. not necessarily air battles and stuff like that. but definitely different layouts to go through. like why not start with bombing a cave wall, when that explodes you move onto the next stage. capture a hill somewhere then go into a coliseum type arena for the core and battle to get it out.

exactly just more maps and localls. it does not matter if its an air battle, space battle, or somthing as simple as taking over 3 bases in the canyon on forgeworld we simply need, want, reqire, and thirst for MORE FRACKING MAPS! invasion is one of the best gametypes i have ever played in a halo game. and to be honest i tried making it in halo3 forge about a year before reach came out. (bungie you stole my idea!) of coarse i didnt call it invasion but i planned it to be teritories with covy weapons against human. i planned to create several bases and one air base. attackers attacked each base while defenders defended. It would have been exactly like invasion exept for the core capture part. i was so happy when i found out bungie had thought of the same thing so i never finished the map....lol

And that's invasion in a nutshell, chaos with randoms, organised chaos and a whole lot better with a team of friends. Amazes me how easier it gets in a full team of friends.

I think thats because of the psychological effect of knowing your not gonna be betrayed for no reason or for a power weapon, everyone is "generaly" tealking to each other and helping each other out

Plus its more organised as a team you've nor got every one running around like headless chickens.

Loved Invasion, would love new maps more.

Sometimes we do, confusing the enemy by charging them and giving your best war cry!

And that's invasion in a nutshell, chaos with randoms, organised chaos and a whole lot better with a team of friends. Amazes me how easier it gets in a full team of friends.

oh my god i love invasion with people who actually try (on both teams)....some randoms are just so fracking stupid....and most people quit at the first sighn of losing. i hate randoms i wish their was some kind of age limit or somthing for invasion so that we would get more good, solid, fair, close games with unstacked teams and real skill on both sides...ahh yes i have fond memories of the few times when we get good teams on both sides. the matches are just as chaotic and awsome but without the random bullcrap that children and trolls bring to the game.

Pure Unrefined Chaotic Halo goodness. A crack team of badass elites Vs. the best of the best spartan defenders. it dont get much better then that boys. its what halo was always meant to be

the spawns are not dumb, they make complete sense. and how can you not like vehicles? thats like the main thing for invasion. ive never played with a full team of friends though. normally its just me and my roommate and we end two-man'n everything.

No.

Its because I hate vehicles and the spawns it gives you are dumb.

Each to their own though. :)

you hate vehicles??? halo reach has some of the best vehicles in any game. the physics are perfect and they react differently based on where they get shot. For example if you see somone charging a spartan lazer or about to fire a rocket and you cant dodge then all you have to do is make sure they hit the hogs armor plate. depending on where you eat the rocket you can not only survive but make it out with nothing but a small dent... their is nothing funner then driving a warthog when you are good at it. you and the warthog are one and you can manipulate those four wheels like four limbs. you can also use the terrain to your liking. i have made my warthog ramp like crazy off the smallest of jumps just because i hit it in such a way. and dont even get me started on the banshee...the banshee is just tooo awesome. reach has some awesome physics i must say.

you hate vehicles??? halo reach has some of the best vehicles in any game. the physics are perfect and they react differently based on where they get shot. For example if you see somone charging a spartan lazer or about to fire a rocket and you cant dodge then all you have to do is make sure they hit the hogs armor plate. depending on where you eat the rocket you can not only survive but make it out with nothing but a small dent... their is nothing funner then driving a warthog when you are good at it. you and the warthog are one and you can manipulate those four wheels like four limbs. you can also use the terrain to your liking. i have made my warthog ramp like crazy off the smallest of jumps just because i hit it in such a way. and dont even get me started on the banshee...the banshee is just tooo awesome. reach has some awesome physics i must say.

Sorry bro I'm just not a fan, I just like playing small maps that don't have vehicles.

Keep in mind I've known to have a little fun in Big Team Battle with some vehicles but I'd still prefer just to play squad slayer or sometimes Team Slayer.

Sorry bro I'm just not a fan, I just like playing small maps that don't have vehicles.

Keep in mind I've known to have a little fun in Big Team Battle with some vehicles but I'd still prefer just to play squad slayer or sometimes Team Slayer.

well your loss..like i said some of the best vehicle mechanic is a video game...

i would like to see 2 more invasion maps but no banshees, i cant stand playing spire because there is always a guy who only goes for banshees and your team takes the power weapons and wont shoot them down :(

i find that a plasma pistol mixed with a jetpack and a little timing works wonders on the banshee....heres a tip...when you know they are going to steal your banshee let em....as the enemy gets inside the banshee hit him with a plasma pistol overcharge. he will stay stuck their in banshee spawn making him free for boarding. it works almost everytime for me and pisses people off. they think they just stole your banshee then ZAP! you board them and get a skyjack + a free banshee..