Gauss Hog is too Overpowered!!!

SatanicBagels

The only problem with the Gauss Hog is the amount on the map. There should be two or zero, never just one.

Also for those comparing it to other vehicles: it takes twice the amount of players to operate. The Gauss is probably the most dangerous and versatile vehicle in Halo 4's matchmaking, and as long as it's the only contender that takes TWO players to operate, that's fair (The rocket and chaingun hog are NOT contenders). It's not actually as versatile as a banshee, but it's much more dangerous, and it obviously doesn't have nearly the firepower of the Scorpion, but it's more versatile. Combine those facts with the fact that you need to sacrifice 25% of your team to run it, and you have a balanced - if very powerful - vehicle.

They absolutely MUST fix the insanely stupid placement though, 1 on a 2-sided map is unacceptable, 2 is fair, 0 is acceptable. You can't balance things when you give everything to one team. I will never understand how whoever designed that map was allowed to EVER design maps. Don't blame the vehicles and weapons for your problems though, blame the fool who just gave them all to one side of the fight.

I sort of agree that it needs to be balanced in terms of map placement... but if you had 2 Gauss Hogs on the map then that might lead to some serious spawn-camping should one team not be near their's when it respawns and the enemy picks it up. I think the only real solution they have now is to implement more serious hard counters to the map.

• Like 5

After further inspection of the video, I realized that the entire blue team was terrible. If that's me, and we keep getting railed by the gauss hog, I make it my sole mission to kill that thing. Plasma pistol, plasma grenades will do the job if you are purely focused on killing a vehicle like that.

A huge power vehicle like the gauss hog is tough to destroy just as an afterthought. You need to be determined to get it.

• Like 1

I sort of agree that it needs to be balanced in terms of map placement... but if you had 2 Gauss Hogs on the map then that might lead to some serious spawn-camping should one team not be near their's when it respawns and the enemy picks it up. I think the only real solution they have now is to implement more serious hard counters to the map.

That's why I said 2 or 0.

Although I don't think 2 Gausses would be as bad as you think. That's half of the enemy team in vehicles fighting over the same kills. Even in Halo 3 BTB where vehicles were appropriately powerful you would usually regret trying to run 2 Gauss Hogs unless half the enemy team was AFK (Which was often the case sadly).

Really though, 2 or 0. I love the Gauss Hog so much. I think I love it better than any other player, and a lot of them are better in it than I am and have more reasons to love it than I do, but I love that thing more. Even as much as I love it, I'd rather have 0 Gauss Hogs in Exile than 1. 1 doesn't work, it makes the Gauss and the map look bad. It just won't do.