regicide sucks, bring back real FFA

baconnaise

regicide is complete garbage, seriously if your going to make a playlist like that, at least have the common sense to put in a true FFA playlist as well as i'm sure people would probably never play regicide again, once something like that is available, and why the hell not? you have team slayer and team regicide, why cant you have slayer and regicide, noone WANTS to play a free for all playlist that punishes you for being in the lead, but we are forced to because its the ONLY free for all playlist there :/ regicide is not a real FFA playlist in my opinion.

• Like 2

I third the motion.

Because of my choice in profession, I'm a team player by heart but I don't have the time or patience for Clans and online matchmaking is not suited for Team Games because...face it....we're Americans and no one is more important than thy self. :laughing: Seriously, I get tired of it so I freelance and enjoy traditional Rumble Pit Slayer.

It is very annoying when you end a game with 27 kills yet lose the game of Regicide by 10 points to someone with 19 kills. That really grinds my gears.

343!!! Why can't we have both?

Do I think that Regicide sucks: No

Do I think they should add Lone Wolves anyway: Yes

I agree.

I think before they put the MLG playlist in Lone Wolves was probably the toughest ranked playlist in Halo 3 (Ranked BTB and Squad Battle might have been harder, since I hear you couldn't actually get a game past a certain level).

Lone Wolves was the ONLY playlist where you couldn't be carried, and Trueskill actually works pretty well, so it was easily the best playlist for defining individual skill.

I think that they will have regular FFA, but it's not in for the exact same reason that Team Snipes or KoTH isn't. It's part of a hopper, and they will be added in a future update (hopefully soon). As for Regicide, I love it. I feel like it's a nice twist on FFA, and it almost promotes a strategy of not taking the lead too soon, until the very end. That, or you have to play extra smart since you know people will be coming.

I happen to love playing Regicide. It is by far what I most play, with Capture the Flag being a very distant second. I think it is great for Free-For-All, but not that good for team-based gamemodes. I like the idea of being able to win with less kills and lose with more kills than your opponent(s). The last sentence also applies to Regicides. One can win with less and lose with more. It is all about how one plays the bounty on the King. Does one keep that bounty low? Or does one max it out? That can also apply if you happen to be the King. But even that strategy can be thrown out the window. It is a great Free-For-All gametype that makes one think a little. All of that is not to say I do not have issues with this gametype. I think Kingtaculars/Overshield power-ups should happen at 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Also, as I feel with most Free-For-All gametypes on most shooters, I do not feel players should be able to party-up and/or split-screen. That is the one thing I did like about Halo 3's playlist setup. It had Lone Wolves and Rumble Pit. Everybody won.

They should have started with the old playlists then added the new ones, instead of gutting the playlists.

While I think that this might be the popular opinion, I also feel that lots of people (including 343 Industries themselves) would feel annoyed, because they were expecting a different direction from this new company and were hoping for differences, but instead just got the same thing.

• Like 1

There should be 3 FFA playlists. Lone Wolves, Regicide and FFa Objective. I played the crap out of the ffa throwback list when it was on. Such intense action and really skill based competition. I think they should have more options for people who dont want to rely on the randoms to get a win. I have quite a few games played but barely under 50% wins and I usually carry the team. FFA makes it all about how well I can perform and not if my team is comprised of a bunch of paint sniffers.