The Halsey/Librarian Connection

medcsu

It has been thrown around for years that Dr. Halsey contains the geas for the Librarian. I found some interesting things in Spartan Op's & the campaign that may actually infer it as being accurate. I wanted to see your opinions:

1) Didact (and later the Librarian - I will explain) makes comment in one of the H4 missions that "the ancilla" (Cortana) was advanced. The fact that the Didact, a T2 military leader makes this statement about a T3 ancilla must be mentioned in this preface.

2) The Librarian states that she "planted the seeds" (geas) for Cortana. Considering that Halsey created Cortana from a flash brain we can now confirm that the Librarian did, in fact, plant a geas into her for said outcome.

Now the Spartan Op's:

3) During the cutscene (Episode 5) if you freeze it right around 1:50 when the artifact opens the image is clearly the Librarian. This would mean nothing by itself but...

4) The Covenant leader (Jul 'Mdama) is actively communicating with Halsey. This would mean nothing but....

5) Jul'Mdama made comment to Dr. Glassman that inside the device he was (Glassman) was working to repair was the Librarian. During cutscene 4 we did not know what the device was, but after viewing cutscene 5 it is clearly a portal as seen from Halo 4/Spartan Ops. Further, the Storm faction has used similar portals to transport. In other words, Glassman opened a portal while at the same time Jul'Mdama was communicating with Halsey about the Librarian.

Now we get into some factors:

6) The Librarian states to the Master Chief that (her spirit he spoke with) is "all that remains of the Forerunner known as the Librarian". Thus by her own admission, she is dead.

7) In Halo Primordium, the remnants of Chakas/Spark make claim (at the end) that he knows the location of the Librarian, took over the ship to get to her, and was convinced she was alive.

So what do we have?

a) The Librarian herself claims she is dead.

B) Jul'Mdama (Who works directly with the Didact) & Guilty Spark/Chakas (Who has before - end of H3 - stated that humans ARE Forerunners so he may be inferring that again) are convinced she is very much alive.

c) Dr. Halsey is now confirmed to have a geas through Halo 4 and what the Librarian stated about Cortana.

After all this (there is more I just feel I have typed enough) what do you guys think? I now think that Halsey is the living embodiment of the Librarian.

• Like 1

Curious. Very curious. :detective:

Funny thing is that when I first read Forerunner trilogy and learned about librarian she reminded me of Halsey. Genius among her people and ready to do anything if she thought it was necessary. Both tried to save humanity and also succeeded. After reading the OP (, the geas, Cortana, Halsey helps to save librarian although doesn't know it) it all comes together. Everything fits.

I didn't understand how Librarian could make Chiefs combat skin and Cortana with hidden genes but the connection was Halsey who was there making them. Halsey also helped making Infinity . No one else understands forerunner tech better than Halsey. There must be connection between these two awesome characters.

It's definitely a possible theory, but Chakas and Guilty Spark are two different characters. Guilty Spark is a fragment of Chakas, that's their only relationship. And Humans and Forerunners are not the same race, if you read the forerunner saa you would know that

If I'm not mistaken OP meant that Librarian used Geas to create (human) charachter who would be (human) version of herself. Maybe Librarion did not mean to make "human Librarian" but someone who would share similar goals and have skills to succeed in them. You could say that Chief is human version of Didact( "Warrior who trys to save the day"). Hmmm... This would explain why John and Cortana became so close :heart: . I like this theory even though it wasn't true.

Maybe Geas are why Spark said " You are Forerunner "?

There is speculation that humans have forerunner genes but only as a carrier to enable recognition for forerunner tech to respond to them but again speculation only.

Where in all the lore, not the wiki's but the actual written material that has been released that states that cortana has DNA in her matrix?

So we know where all those composed humans digitized selves were sent to when new phoenix was taken, back to requiem and when you think about it it's obvious.

If I'm not mistaken OP meant that Librarian used Geas to create (human) charachter who would be (human) version of herself. Maybe Librarion did not mean to make "human Librarian" but someone who would share similar goals and have skills to succeed in them. You could say that Chief is human version of Didact( "Warrior who trys to save the day"). Hmmm... This would explain why John and Cortana became so close :heart: . I like this theory even though it wasn't true.

Thats not what Gaeas are. They allow someone to see the memories of the persons Gaeas who they have. So they don't need the same goals at all. Also, Gaeas allow you to listen the persons voice talking to you, which happened to John in Halo 4, so I do believe that Johnhas the Didacts Gaeas.

Exactly what I meant and I should have been more specific.

Further, I think 117 could also potentially have the Didacts mutation, as well (as some of you have said). Several events point to this, as well. For example, the fact he "hears the thoughts" of the Didact and asked Cortana if she did too (she didn't). This may be a form of brevete mutation similar to Bornstellar but without the physical change. I'm sure we learn all we need to know about this in Silentium.

I had to go back to Cryptum and try and see when and where bornstellar talks of what a Gea's is, the Didact talks of it as a programme set either imprinted in memory or genetically. So, we have two types of Gea's. The instruction set that activates when certain conditions are present and the imprinted memory set of another being.

My best guess is that every human has these deep gene instruction sets but due to gene expression it just so happened to culminate when one went looking for a particular expression and found all those who came close and guess what? the chief had the right set.

Halsey? I'm not convinced that she carries a Librarian gea's, only because the Librarian never was shown to work with ancilla's or create them but it doesn't mean the Librarian didn't write in the instruction set to develop A.I along similar lines, she might of wrote it in to develop a melded technology of forerunner type, who knows.

Really if your idea's do pan out it would all hinge on cell memories or inherent memory or the forerunners had technology that snapshot their memories and possibly their persona's, memory engrams, it would explain the A.I librarian and the Didact Gea's that the chief apparently has.

This is an earlier excerpt from Cryptum.

"A Lifeworker as powerful as the Librarian certainly had the means to impose a generations-long genetic command upon the objects of her study. Such a compulsion in past times would have been called a geas. Some students of the Mantle even believed that the Precursors had imposed a geas upon Forerunners."

This could explain the A.I Librarian

"When Forerunners die—usually by accident or, on rare occasions, during war— elaborate ceremonies are enacted before their remains are disposed of in fusion fires associated with the activities of their rates—a melting torch or planet cutter. First, the Forerunner’s last memories are abstracted from his armor, which preserves a few hours of the occupant’s mental patterns. This reduced essence— a spectral ****** of personality, and not a whole being—is placed in a time-locked Durance."

I thought gregg never used the word essence but he has here in this excerpt from Cryptum and the Didact uses it when the Librarian A.I speaks with the Chief during a cutscene in H4.

The Didact says "Even in death her meddling continues"

"Relinquish your contact essence"