Should stickies be nerfed?

snqrls

I don't personally use them, but having one guy spawn with a set each time and go just outside of melee range and chuck one at you is stupid. There's no counter to it, since there's not enough time to get close enough to kill them too (and even then, it's a sure fire way to lose an ordanance weapon or spree).

I do not think they should have their damage or radius reduced. But they definitely need to stop heat-sinking. Makes driving a vehicle interesting, because plasmas are this games armor lock. You can't run people over because it is a guaranteed stick. Heck, I've seen plasma grenades miss entirely, and then TURN AROUND in the air to stick a vehicle. 5-6 ft off, and all of a sudden the grenade gets a mind of its own.

On foot, I haven't had a problem with them. They don't seem to have the same tendency to lock onto a target and fly towards them. But get in a warthog or ghost, and the best solution is always to stay at a medium distance, because otherwise you will die pretty much instantly.

Yeah, it was so bad one day I couldn't even play 4v4 slayer cause I'd get stuck everytime. I miss 6v6 slayer 4v4 be to small

They also might I add can't kill a banshee or ghost in one made now which is annoying.

I still thInk they need a heat seek Nerf cause it is out of hand in a vehicle like the warthog.

I'd like the throw time to be bumped up a smidge, and the heatseaking to be nerfed against other players. This would make it harder to use, and give the soon to be naded a chance to react. As it stands, I can't help but feel it's a noob weapon due to quite a few very bad experiences on haven and exhile, but primarily I dislike abilities that have no counter.

I must admit I rarely bother taking frags now, unless it's a small tight map where the bounce becomes handy

But this so-called "heat seeking" effect can't wholly be attributed to magnetism/hitboxes or whatever you want to call it. On an imperfect connection (and most are to a degree) there will be a delay which means that while the stickie's path is 'predictively rendered' going wide of the target on your box, the host's version of the game said it was accurate And eventually your box catches up and puts the sticky where it was on the host's box. Short version, lag.

I remember seeing it in Halo 3 sometimes.

• Like 2

I love the stickies in the game. I love I can spawn with them. Don't hate just because you don't use them and possibly sit back bounce a greanade and head shot. That's lame as it gets. Not far off from a nube tube. I think that they are perfectly balanced as are most weapons except the dmr turn that thing down and for gods sake let me mute the sound of it. All I hear is pow-pow-pow-pow.

its the exact same thing as the dmr. If you can use it, there's nothing else that compares given close quarters, which makes it overpowered.

But lag, yeah, that's another problem, but a few too many people can use the stickies effectively for my liking. If there is no alternative, I'll just have to start using them myself.

I actually was under the assumption that stickies already got nerfed? It used to take about two stickies to blow up a warthog, now it just barely starts to smoke. If it's not stuck to someone, it's blast radius is so small it's almost insignificant. I don't think they need a nerf, just fight longer distance if you don't like getting stuck. I've never noticed this heatseeking thing you guys are talking about, so I might have wrong assumptions I guess. But considering I'm 70 and never noticed it, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I actually was under the assumption that stickies already got nerfed? It used to take about two stickies to blow up a warthog, now it just barely starts to smoke. If it's not stuck to someone, it's blast radius is so small it's almost insignificant. I don't think they need a nerf, just fight longer distance if you don't like getting stuck. I've never noticed this heatseeking thing you guys are talking about, so I might have wrong assumptions I guess. But considering I'm 70 and never noticed it, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

It's not possible to fight at a greater distance when you're capturing a base on dominion, or it's 4v4 on a small map.

Also, I'm an sr-55, and I'm just now having enough. Depending on how much spartan ops you play, or how much bigteam slayer, you'll have a different expreience.

stickies have already been nerfed they do less explosive damage. Also it is harder to stick people in Halo 4, though it may not seem like it.

I have a custom gametype called sticky where you only get points for sticks. I have remade it in every halo since 3 and me and some friends play it all the time. We noticed as soon as we started playing 4 that it was much harder to aim, throw, and time sticky grenades in Halo 4

• Like 1