A few hopes for the remake

halogod10

343 Industries, I first want to thank you for taking on these challenges. I have high hopes for your future games..

I dont expect to see these suggestions responded to, or expect that my opinion matters, but I hope you might see this and consider it.

I'm not sure what you have planned for this remake, but I know that I will be an extremely happy man if you simply take the game, add multiplayer, and clean up the graphics. (reskin if you like, as i understand there will be an option to switch to the old graphics).. My number 1 concern is that you will change multiplayer. I am terrified of that. I want to relive the glory days, and I feel that if you change ANYTHING from the way it was in the original, this remake will be a waste of time. I want 3 headshot pistol kills from halfway across the map, etc. What im saying is.. please do not change any physics or damage tables from the original. I garuntee alot of people will be happy if this game is exactly the same, with better graphics and multiplayer. You dont have to make this game anything like the newer halo games.

Long live warthog launches, and my 3 headshot pistol kills.

Thanks.

Absolutely! You put it perfectly. It would be a mindless mistake to do a remake that's not a remake. The pistol is the most amazing weapon in an FPS and Bungie went downhill after Halo CE by removing the one weapon everybody loved. Why?!? The multiplayer from Halo CE is more balanced, more exciting, and more "perfect" than any of the multiplayer components in the Halos that came after. After Halo CE, Bungie proceeded to change the physics of the game, but for no good reason. Did they just feel the need to change the most basic components of the FPS that put them on the map. Even though Call of Duty is annoying, I have to give them credit that they at least know who they are. From one version to the next the foundation of the gameplay doesn't change. I wish I could say the same thing for Bungie and its Halo franchise. Halo started out as a remarkable, totally unique game that hit the nail right on the head. But somehow it lost its identity. Halo needs to go back to where it started and shed the dead weight of crude and unnecessary attempts at "improvement" that have accumulated like soot from the 4 versions that have come after.

I agree with both of you...of course i never stopped playing halo it just got harder to persuade my buddies. But every one likes the originals, even the original Modern Warfare is better then MW2. When they recreate it the campaign and physics should be completely untouched(except for graphical touches), but there should be new reasons to keep playing. Forge was awesome in halo 3. it helped keep the play-ability of the game. that is what makes a good game, play-ability. I know 343i reads these post so hear me out, forge needs to stay. You already announced firefight so why not combine the two??? setting spawns of grunts, elites , FLOOD!!! <(which is another thing i wished the old firefight had) and just to be cool editable drop pods...it would help keep play-ability and close the gap between firefight and Nazis zombies...in a popularity perspective

Oh and please add more customization options so we can play classic fat kid again

Mixed. I get what your saying but those physics were changed in 2 for a reason: Live. the first one never made it to live so there was no need to worry about bad connection Sam over there causeing you to have a lag spaz attack and fall off the cliff killing yourself and losing a point. Like they said though "LIKE Reach" I'm pretty sure that what's going to happen is we'll still be getting our 3 shot pistol kills. Samme guns, same vehicules just some Reach stuff like "Be the bullet" sniper spree and assassination no equipment or armor abilities. What your saying would be nice though.

• 2 weeks later...

No, reachs physics are not like halo should be. there needs to be blood and gore as well as scaring in the land due to explosions. Reach and Halo 3 have no good weapons compared to H2 and CE as well as the vehicle comparrison. The wriath looks like a big purple doll now and not a killing maching like in the previous one. The explosion physics in reach and halo 3 are quite sad and the games should almost be rated teen because the lack of enough blood from a needler exploding or machine mawing down someone. No fun anymore is the new ones? All sleek map with doll like charaters and no cool explosions worth of any scaring or anything. |Halo Needs GORE AND Scaring like CE and 2 were.

I loved halo like the rest of the community, but I feel like many of u guys are getting to nostalgic about it and possibly completely forgetting about some of the things that weren't necessarily perfect with the game, it's an awesome game but I believe small things could be tweaked in order to improve on the faults that halo CE had