Okay, if a game is more than half over, don't make me join it.

TransientHalo

I'm okay joining games in progress, but if it's already past the 50% mark, I don't want to join.

Regicide is my favorite playlist and I've joined 2 regicide matches (just today) where the leader already had 200+pts and it only takes 300 to win. Of course, I end up in like 5 or 6th place on these, I'm lucky to carve out 4th or 3rd place.

Could a rule be made to where if the game is more than 50% over, be it points or time wise, that game becomes locked from anyone else joining?

Or how about JIP is optional? So you could choose never to join a game in progress?

I just think that there would be no point. I feel like a significant portion of the players might not opt in. In that case, the people who would have JIP enabled would have less people to try and get into a game, therefore making the system even more obsolete. I think that people are going to have to get used to it. JIP play is how games need to be from now on. Bungie tried (and failed) to make an incentive to keep people in the game, but it largely didn't work.

No matter what kind of penalty there is for quitting it's still gonna happen. Sometimes I have to quit from a game because of something going on with my family so I don't have a choice. Also the power likes to go out a lot where I live as well as having a crappy ISP so my internet likes to go out and come right back. These things cannot be controlled so I don't think there should be a penalty for quitting because these things happen to a lot of people.

I'm gonna play both sides of this argument.i guess you could say I'm on the fence for this topic.

First, I really hate joining a game halfway through. It's really annoying and results in spawn killing or just a horrible loss. Second I like this system in certain instances when my team mates quit. This system allows other people to join the game so I'm not playing a man down.

I guess I can understand JIP all the way through any team game type whether it's objective or slayer. But FFA, or Regicide should not have a JIP except for like the first 25% of the game, if even at all. It's every man for themselves so it doesn't really matter if someone quits.

Also, I've noticed as people join, the game connection kind of destabalizes for a few seconds and things are a little laggy.

You also miss out on the initial weapon spawn when you JIP, and you don't spawn in the 'usual' spot you would from the beginning of a map. They spawn you as if you're taking the place of the person who left at a random 'spawn after death' point.

There needs to be more rules to it I think.

Once a game becomes XX complete, JIP is turned off.

Only enable JIP when at least 50% of a team is gone, this could be lessened to like 30% for Big Team.

And pretty much very little to no JIP on Regicide and FFA playlists.