EXP Caps - The Future? Nah The Death of Games

Unseenz

Disclaimer: I know there are 400,000 articles on exp caps but I felt like I needed to discuss from my point of view (as being someone who actually likes Halo 4). I know there is a exp cap "bypass" but I think people are getting banned for this (not all but enough). Keep the comments forum rules friendly (i.e. no flaming, spamming, etc.)

Hello community,

As you may have well guessed, exp caps are horrid. They ruin the fun experience for players like me. Yes, I like playing games knowing there is a goal at the end of the road. Knowing that there is no ranking system, the goal at the end of the road is to level up.

Oh yeah, there is this is thing called double exp that was released with the game, that oh you max it out in about 3 hours of good play.

Really? I want to be able to enjoy the game as much as can, while I can. What gives a company a right to punish loyalty and playing their game? Do they not want me to play? Well you can ask the 400,000 people that have stopped playing Halo 4 for various reasons.

Roughly, there are an average of 100,000 maybe online? Reach is reading higher numbers at times of the day? Why? Because people want to play the game and be rewarded for their playtime.

Nough said, let the comments roll,

UnSeEnZ

EDIT: As per the title, I thought I needed to explain a little bit more about the Death of gaming. It is a poor designer implementation to "cap" people for playing. It failed in Reach and it is most definitely failing in Halo 4 as I hit the cap about 5x faster than I ever did in Halo Reach. In the beginning of Halo Reach ALOT of people quit because of the cap, I think caps lead to loss in population in a game, well see for yourself as BLOPS2 has no rank cap or exp cap and has a solid alot online at a time.

Just saying I do not want to play BLOPS2, but successful games with no cap, remain successful.