Halo 4 Forge

Se?or Matey

This will be a thread for all the forgers out there to post their ideas about forge in halo 4. Any ideas that could make the forging experience better. One thing I would like to see is all basic objects (walls, blocks, windows, platforms...) would have a setting that would change the "appearance style". For example you could make objects desert style like in H3 sandbox, the metal style (that reach has), covenant style, or even a wood style. I just get tired of everything in reach being that metal style.

Sorry if this thread has already been posted, but the search says "too common words" when I search forge. If forge isn't in Halo 4, WHAT THE HELL!!!.

you guys should make forge if possible like farcry 2 where you shape the map how you want it. just that part from farcry nothing else, reach forge was sweet but you didnt have any styles. all of the objects were the same style metal you should mix it up a bit if possible.

Forge 3.0 (which will be in Halo 4) should have the feature to change the shap of a map I mean like build a entire map of ur own like u can build montains and all kinds of stuff and PLEASE THIS TIME PLEASE HAVE A UNDO AND REDO FEATURE OMG EVERYTIME U MAKE A SMALL MISTAKE EXAMPLE DELETE A OBJECT THEN U GOTTA DO THAT OBJECT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Its sooooo annoying!!!!!!!

Maybe this time forge will not only be on the xbox. I think it will also be on ur pc like a sandbox editor and a little bit of stuff u can do in forge like make the smallest things and details and stuff in forge and build the sandbox I mean the environmental stuff in the sandbox editor. I mean that would be kick ass!! We would be able to build our own forge world type of map!! I will tell you how the sandbox works.

Basically the sandbox editor has everything we need to make a map I mean all the big montains, the trees , the water everything and is a whole new way to build halo maps. And once u have a built a map in the sandbox editor then u upload it to ur xbox and then u can download it on ur xbox and in halo 4's forge u can edit the details like placing weapons, spawn points some objects and walls and all the stuff which we have in the real current forge.

We should have unlimited budget and should be able to spawn as many objects as the game can possible handle. And please this time in the IN GAME forge we should have a option to for a undo and redo feature. And one more thing. We should have 2 modes Mode 1 is that YOU move the object like u did in Halo 3 unlike halo reach you move and the object doesn't if u know what I mean. And in Mode 2 then you move and the object doesn't just like in Halo Reach. And about the colors.

Well you should not only have a option just to color a little part of a object or vehicle but to color the whole thing to what u want.

Well thats all I gotta say for halo 4 forge. I think its a great idea for this to happen. I mean it would be awesome to build ur own Halo 3 and Halo 2 maps exactly how they actually were :)

You Should Be Able To have an unlimited budget and unlimited items not just being able to use an item like 99 times

That would take up too much bandwidth for the game and it wouldn't be able too run properly so they couldn't let you have an unlimited amount of anything...by the time if 343 bandwidth for the game increases they could consider giving you a larger amount of items to build with, but until then we'll have to see. It would be better if they give you more features within forge but, they'll have to come up with those ideas themselves.

If 343 makes a better version of forge they should make it to where you can have a option to customize your own pieces or lock certain parts of ur forge so u can copy it and move to the other side of the map if your making a symmetrical map, and they should make it to where your can use objects to block out the sun if u want to make a map made for using the shadows.

Forge 3.0 (which will be in Halo 4) should have the feature to change the shap of a map I mean like build a entire map of ur own like u can build montains and all kinds of stuff and PLEASE THIS TIME PLEASE HAVE A UNDO AND REDO FEATURE OMG EVERYTIME U MAKE A SMALL MISTAKE EXAMPLE DELETE A OBJECT THEN U GOTTA DO THAT OBJECT ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Its sooooo annoying!!!!!!!

Maybe this time forge will not only be on the xbox. I think it will also be on ur pc like a sandbox editor and a little bit of stuff u can do in forge like make the smallest things and details and stuff in forge and build the sandbox I mean the environmental stuff in the sandbox editor. I mean that would be kick ass!! We would be able to build our own forge world type of map!! I will tell you how the sandbox works.

Basically the sandbox editor has everything we need to make a map I mean all the big montains, the trees , the water everything and is a whole new way to build halo maps. And once u have a built a map in the sandbox editor then u upload it to ur xbox and then u can download it on ur xbox and in halo 4's forge u can edit the details like placing weapons, spawn points some objects and walls and all the stuff which we have in the real current forge.

We should have unlimited budget and should be able to spawn as many objects as the game can possible handle. And please this time in the IN GAME forge we should have a option to for a undo and redo feature. And one more thing. We should have 2 modes Mode 1 is that YOU move the object like u did in Halo 3 unlike halo reach you move and the object doesn't if u know what I mean. And in Mode 2 then you move and the object doesn't just like in Halo Reach. And about the colors.

Well you should not only have a option just to color a little part of a object or vehicle but to color the whole thing to what u want.

Well thats all I gotta say for halo 4 forge. I think its a great idea for this to happen. I mean it would be awesome to build ur own Halo 3 and Halo 2 maps exactly how they actually were :)

One thing that you didn't say that would add so much more creation possibility is the ability to bind objects to each other and let them still move with gravity (Normal mode in reach terms). Maps made without a budget could take up too much bandwidth, though. A big increase would be nice however. And don't limit the amount of one object or a category of objects that can be spawned. No point in having two limitations (money and quantity). No one likes that feeling when they've used all 100 walls on their racetrack, and are nowhere near finished.

What you should have is things you can actually use like an elevator, automatic doors, lights etc

That would be so awesome, though then it will ruin your creativity (idk if it will ruin your creativity).

yeah but you would be able to make so much more and people can be more creative, cos the only way you could make elevators and automatic doors were with bombs and it took ages to make them as well

What you should have is things you can actually use like an elevator, automatic doors, lights etc

That would be so awesome, though then it will ruin your creativity (idk if it will ruin your creativity).

yea but id like things to work and function like doors and ect

You should start out with a flat land, have the ability to make grass, hills, rock, water, etc. The engine should be improved so you can have large maps with many objects, and there be no frame rate issues (lag). You should not have to start a new round or end the game to change the game type. All the game type settings should be available while in the game. UNDO BUTTON. More file share slots. Like 50-100. Not just 24. BRING BACK V.I.P. Have more than just 2 lights (at least 4 like Halo 3) Well that's all I can think of for right now. Thank you 343 for reading this (If you read it)

I for one would love to see some halo 3 forge pieces return in halo 4, mostly the container pieces, because although it was easier to build things in reach, the containers were really fun and interesting to use. I also think that natural items like trees and rivers, or even the shape of the ground should be changeable. It would allow truly unique maps to be built, not just variations upon the same base map.

You Should Be Able To have an unlimited budget and unlimited items not just being able to use an item like 99 times

well thats the thing. u can only put a certain amount of objects on the screen because of the space allocated in your disc. i am a halo custom edition modder and i have learned you can only go up to a certain amount before its time up. the "budget" just represents how many mb/gb are free on the disc and the "cost" is actually the megabite usage by the object. a standard metal wall on halo CE is 1 mb

I think that you should have a terrain-leveling system to make hills and the like and trees aswell. Also, you should be able to change the theme ie woodland/desert/ now etc. Maybe some environmental effects like snow /rain/fog etc.

Also, switches, trigger boundaries and maybe a generator that when activated/destroyed/stepped into it changes something ie a previously locked door becomes unlocked/a shield door dissapears/auto-turrets come online.

Maybe some form of scripting tool so players can make their own campaign/firefight/challenge maps.

These are my ideas.

• Like 1