What to do when you think you've spotted a player cheating?

KellyAwesome

I had an interesting experience this morning in Match making.

Whilst playing Dominion I noticed I got killed by the same sniper over and over. After awhile I noticed he only aimed at one spot, which was the front access to Bravo in Exile. The one where you have to jump up on those platforms and such.

What was weird was he was making his shots when he couldn't even see me through a bunch of small spaces and through some foliage blocking any portion of me. He was also firing multiple shots, missing but then landing a headshot.

Then I got annoyed and decided to go and kill him. After all, he had just deprived me of an assured assassination.

That's when I hopped on a ghost, blew through Alpha's defenses. I get a lock on him, he's reloading his rocket launched (he misfired twice, into walls.) I get up close. Ram him! Wait, I rammed him right? No. Despite that my ghost rammed right into him on both his screen and mine, I literally went right through his body. He's now on the other side of the ghost, hijacks and kills me.

I know there are glitches on the Kill cams but I can tell the differences. I'm pretty sure this guy was cheating in some way.

People always find ways to cheat on games sadly... especially when they are new they find ways to cheat before the bugs get fixed... all we can do is report bugs or report the person and it will be taken care of... people always take games too far and cheat and find joy in it... But I usually will just report the bug or the person. if you yell or cuss at them just encourages them and makes them do it more.

• Like 1

I'll admit that I do get in a camping mood - and have done extremely well focusing on an area if my team covers the blind spots. There are issues with the 'hit-box' associated with all weapons. I'll frequently fire a second shot after knowing I completely missed the first only to have the shot hit over the players dead body.

In addition i've noticed a problem (specifically in Flood and customs) where I will be able to occupy the same place as another player, essentially warping through them (usually when assassinations occur and fail for unknown reasons) which causes massive screen and graphics tearing.

Cheating is really a thing of the past. Frequently it is now exploits related to the game or connections where these things occur.