Are game companies babying us nowadays?

OMG Treason

Seriously, I mean it it seems games are getting easier and easier every release. Theres really no incentive to try and better yourself with a gun, or learn how the map works because the game developers baby you.

-Not too good with aim? How about massive aim assist.

-Cant memorize weapon spawns? Here have a power weapon for putting together some kills.

-Not too good at fighting on even grounds? Perks and perks galore!

-Lets make every weapon one shot people!

-Cant figure out where to go? No problem waypoints for everything!

-Cant earn it yourself? Buy it with MS points in the store.

-Extensively boring beginning of game tutorials.

-Games feel like they are holding your hand through the whole thing now from the campaign to aiming the gun for you in matchmaking. No figuring out anything for yourself anymore.

I do miss it having to practice to get good at something, have to sit there and figure out how this level works and what not. Its just gone now a days. Am I the only one who thinks this? Discuss.

I can see how you would come to that conclusion. I feel the same way. I remember one of the hardest games I'd ever played was one of the Jak and Daxter games for the PS2. I gave up on it almost two thirds of the way through it, and never played it again until about three years ago, when I finally beat it, and I felt good!

If anything, it feels like games are getting shorter, too. There's also not much replay value put of them,beside from achievements or the like.

Being able to buy stuff that's unlockable is what really gets to me. Why bother spending time in the game, unlocking stuff when you can spend thirty dollars and unlock everything from the get-go? Spending time unlocking stuff is what you're supposed to do. It gives you a sense of accomplishment when you get something through hard work!

Yeah because games like Frogger and Tetris need massive waypoints and explanations.

Games are more popular then ever, with popularity comes newcomers. With games being better looking and having more things in them then ever before (Go ahead and tell me that Super Mario World would be more overwhelming to someone new to games then one like Call of Duty would) people need help.

You don't need help? That's fine.

It's not for YOU. It's for others.

I want you to consider the production value of a game today, all the costs needed to make it and compare it to a game back in the 90's. Today's games are a lot more complex meaning they take more time to make or more people or more money or all of the above. So yes, they are shorter. Whether you like COD or not, can you seriously imagine how much money and time it would take to make a SP longer then 16 hours? With all the other things included?

It's not babying, it's economics. You may view that differently in your opinion, but ultimately it's about money not about you.

Yeah because games like Frogger and Tetris need massive waypoints and explanations.

Games are more popular then ever, with popularity comes newcomers. With games being better looking and having more things in them then ever before (Go ahead and tell me that Super Mario World would be more overwhelming to someone new to games then one like Call of Duty would) people need help.

You don't need help? That's fine.

It's not for YOU. It's for others.

I want you to consider the production value of a game today, all the costs needed to make it and compare it to a game back in the 90's. Today's games are a lot more complex meaning they take more time to make or more people or more money or all of the above. So yes, they are shorter. Whether you like COD or not, can you seriously imagine how much money and time it would take to make a SP longer then 16 hours? With all the other things included?

It's not babying, it's economics. You may view that differently in your opinion, but ultimately it's about money not about you.

So what your saying is basically money over consumers?