Plasma Pistol > Mech?

SSFrog

So I found out that as long as an enemy on foot has a plasma pistol (which you can spawn with automatically), it basically defeats your mech...

Is it just me or is that stupid?

Should it stop the mech's movement? Sure. Should it disable both the rockets and gun? NO.

One of the changes I would make to Halo 4 is this.

Another is not having the dropped weapons disappear so quickly. Its an insult, "can't get back to your weapon you dropped when you died after 5 seconds? Well too bad, it's gonna disappear now."

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind if it kept the guns active as long as the person could aim where they're firing. Sure it sucks a player can spawn with it but, you're gonna have team mates backing you up(I would hope so) while you're disabled. If there person could aim it while disabled then you'd pretty much have to get them from behind other wise you'd get killed right when you hit them with the Blast.

It's not that easy getting close to a mech to where your plasma, homes. Unless I'm just bad.

No it's not easy. While it's hitting you it somewhat hinders your movement so it gets even harder to get close to them.

The mech definitely feels like it has the right amount of power and is balanced, but against PP, its just embarrassing.

I feel like its a slightly bit under-powered when facing off against warthogs, that or my ping gets high when I'm shooting them...

Also, what's up with not being able to move after being boarded by an enemy? I absolutely hate not being able to turn/run/jet-pack, its kicking someone in the face while they're on the ground. Not only did you lose your vehicle, most of your health, and now you can't move, as if you weren't easy enough pickings already?

at first i thought that the plasma pistal was OP verus the mantis, but then i tryed using it on a mantis, its harder than it looks, if you EMP it the best way to kill it is to get on the back and plant a grenade, BUT this is hard when you have,

1. Taking damage from different locations ( Mantis, Mantis's teammates)

2.not having mobility tactical mod

3.not having grenades

4.not being close enough to actual reach the mantis before it powers back up

After playing halo 4 for a while, i learned that the mantis isn't for everyone, it actually takes skill, and it actually takes skill to take it down, so all in all i believe that this is a wonderful balance of the strong and weak

• Like 1

at first i thought that the plasma pistal was OP verus the mantis, but then i tryed using it on a mantis, its harder than it looks, if you EMP it the best way to kill it is to get on the back and plant a grenade, BUT this is hard when you have,

3.not having grenades

After playing halo 4 for a while, i learned that the mantis isn't for everyone, it actually takes skill, and it actually takes skill to take it down, so all in all i believe that this is a wonderful balance of the strong and weak

You can keep PP'ing the mantis over and over. It also then becomes a sitting duck for grenades!

3.not having grenades

this..

basicaly you need to know when and were to drop out your missiles, same for the machine gun and for god sake don't rush the enemy team with "the giant robot with shields" keep calm and try to focus to keep in the line the enemy team no matter if you run back for safety...

But if you wish you can checkout my fileshare i have done 2 perfections with the mantis ( no, i am not pro just lucky ).