Spartan II Headcount (possible spoiler)

lupsided

So this is something that has probably confused all of the halo book readers at one point. I was confused for some time, then I thought that I fully understood the roster. After looking over it again, I realize I am still confused. -_-

This leaves 33 healthy spartan IIs after augmentations and before any die in combat.

In Halo - Fall of Reach the author states that of the 75 trainees, 30 die and 12 are crippled and become serviceable.

Canon later on states that the dead were frozen for the hope of rezzing their corpses...It also states that "SOME" of the 12 crippled were eventually saved from their injuries and serviceable again.

I was going to try and compile a list for the active Spartans directly after the augmentations, and a list for the crippled ones but I'm pretty tired...and obviously confused.

The confusion sets in when you count the spartan IIs that have been mentioned from reach up until now. With so many new random ass faces appearing left and right. Like Naomi? Where the **** did she come from lol? I literally just started reading the sequel to ghost of onyx which is my fault - kinda drifted away from the books for a while but I'm back at it now. Do we count "jorge" the sole spartan II from the reach game who was also came out of left field.

I'm all for suprise spartan IIs, as they are my favorite class which also happens to be almost killed off...Appreciate any help!

thanks night.

I just spent an hour skimming some of my books and halo games, this is what i have come up with so far. i am sure it is incomplete because about half of my books are loaned out to friends, also i did'nt feel like skimming every short story in the evolutions books.but heres the list:

1.Naomi Sentzke spartan 010 referenced from Halo Glasslands and Thursday war

2.Serin Osman spartan 019 referenced from Halo Glasslands and Thursday war

3.Linda spartan 034 referenced from Ghosts of Onyx

4.Douglas spartan 042 referenced from Ghosts of Onyx

5.Kurt Ambrose spartan 051 referenced from Ghost of Onyx

6.Soloman spartan 069 referenced from Halo Legends

7.Arthur spartan 079 referenced from Halo Legends

8.Kelly spartan 087 referenced from Ghost of Onyx Halo Legends

9.Jerome spartan 092 refenced from Halo Wars

10.Fred spartan 104 referenced from Halo Legend, Ghost Of Onyx

11.John spartan 117 common knowledge

12.Alice spartan 130 referenced from Halo Wars

13.Cal spartan 141 referenced from Halo Legends

• Like 2

Halsey implies the existence of secret SPARTANs which would correct the discrepancy. If you want a list go to the SPARTAN II page on the Halo wikia.

yes he dose want a list, no halo wiki dose not have a spartan roster. i checked before i made the post and double checked after reading your post. it dose mention a few of them for example all of the ones from Halo Legends, but it dose not list most of them.

the only way to find spartans names on wiki is if you click on a halo story it will tell the names of some of the main characters in that

story.

I will finish the list when i get the rest of my books back from my friend.

http://www.halopedia.org/SPARTAN-II_Program

the more you know..

"in the post-war era only five SPARTAN-IIs are confirmed to have survived the war: John-117, Fred-104, Kelly-087, Linda-058 and Naomi-010. Others, such as the Gray and Black teams, as well as Douglas-042, Jerome-092 and Alice-130, were alive but out of contact with the UNSC as of their most recent sightings; the status of these Spartans following the war remains unknown."

• Like 1

http://www.halopedia...RTAN-II_Program

the more you know..

"in the post-war era only five SPARTAN-IIs are confirmed to have survived the war: John-117, Fred-104, Kelly-087, Linda-058 and Naomi-010. Others, such as the Gray and Black teams, as well as Douglas-042, Jerome-092 and Alice-130, were alive but out of contact with the UNSC as of their most recent sightings; the status of these Spartans following the war remains unknown."

Thanks, it's descriptive but that list add an additional 25 give or take spartans that were serviceable after augmentations. The list below it accounts for 9 of the 13 spartans that failed augmentations but survived. I understand the whole "secret spartans", but most of the extra characters have story lines that mirror the core group that were identified. Excluding the grey and black team.

As much as a full list of every surviving spartan II would be neat - it would eliminate the ability to add in new characters. I guess my only gripe is that there is no mention of spartans being tasked out besides the grey team in the fall of reach.

all information below this point came from http://www.halopedia...RTAN-II_Program

• James-005 - Missing in action. Most likely KIA during the Fall of Reach.
  • Jai-006 - MIA with the rest of Gray Team.
  • Li-008 - Listed as MIA during a battle within an anomalous section of slipspace. Assumed KIA due to nearby plasma torpedo detonation.
  • Naomi-010 - Active as of March 2553.
  • Daisy-023 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Harvest Campaign.
  • Joshua-029 - Listed as MIA. Assumed KIA during the Fall of Reach due to a direct hit from a Covenant cruiser's plasma weaponry.
  • Vinh-030 - Listed as MIA. Assumed KIA after the Fall of Reach.
  • Samuel-034 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA aboard a Covenant vessel, Unrelenting. First SPARTAN-II to be killed in action.
  • Randall-037 - MIA. Presumed dead.
  • Isaac-039 - Listed as MIA. Assumed KIA after the Fall of Reach.
  • Douglas-042 - Last seen aboard UNSC Spirit of Fire in 2531. Listed as MIA.
  • William-043 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Battle of Onyx.
  • Anton-044 - MIA during a battle within an anomalous section of slipspace. Assumed KIA due to nearby plasma torpedo detonation.
  • Keiichi-047 - Status unknown. Last seen during the Harvest Campaign.
  • Kurt-051 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA after the detonation of two FENRIS nuclear warheads at the core of Onyx.
  • Jorge-052 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Fall of Reach.
  • Linda-058 - Active as of March 2553. Clinically KIA during the Fall of Reach but later resuscitated after the Battle of Installation 04.
  • Malcolm-059 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Fall of Reach.
  • Maria-062 - Retired.
  • Sheila-065 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Battle of Miridem.
  • Solomon-069 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during a mission to rescue Dr. Halsey.
  • Arthur-079 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the mission to rescue Dr. Halsey.
  • Kelly-087 - Active as of March 2553.
  • Jerome-092 - Last seen aboard UNSC Spirit of Fire in 2531. Listed as MIA.
  • Grace-093 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during Operation: FIRST STRIKE.
  • Victor-101 - Active as of August 2552.
  • Frederic-104 - Active as of March 2553.
  • Adriana-111 - MIA with the rest of Gray Team.
  • John-117 - Active as of July 2557.
  • Mike-120 - MIA with the rest of Gray Team.
  • Joseph-122 - Status unknown. Last seen in 2525.
  • Alice-130 - Last seen aboard Spirit of Fire in 2531. Listed as MIA.
  • Carris-137 - Status unknown.
  • Cal-141 - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during an assassination operation on Heian.
  • "Beta-Red Actual" - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Fall of Reach. Likely synonymous with "Red-21"[notes 1]
  • "Black-One" - Active as of August 2552.
  • "Black-Two" - Active as of August 2552.
  • "Black-Three" - Active as of August 2552.
  • "Red-Fifteen" - Listed as MIA. Confirmed KIA during the Fall of Reach.
  • Unidentified Spartan - Listed as MIA. KIA during the Harvest Campaign.
  • Three unidentified Red Team Spartans - Died after jumping out of a Pelican during the Fall of Reach.
  • Nine unidentified Beta-Red Spartans - Killed by a MAC blast during the Fall of Reach.
  • Three unidentified Delta-Red Spartans - Died during the Fall of Reach.
  • Two unidentified trainees - Committed suicide after escaping the program in 2525.[19]