Grenade Discussion, Agree or Dissagree?

FaTaL

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is Grenadier worth the sacrifice of secondary weapon?!

• No question about it.
    • Yes, depending on the game type.
    • Not necessarily.
    • Less than valuable.

Hey everyone! I have a question for you all!

One of the choices in the "Tactical Package" is an upgrade called Grenadier. I have noticed that sometimes a grenade will blow me up from a decent distance and deal significant damage. Right now I am using "Firepower" so I can have a close quarters weapons (which works amazingly well for me.) Now, as we all know these Perks all have a very important job. Do you guys believe the "Grenadier" is worth the sacrifice of a Secondary Primary weapon? Let me know if you do or do not and WHY?

-FaTaL

I use it for a trolling class haha. But really though, I used to use automatic weapons for secondary, but stopped. i mean the pistol does great. The DMR with its rapid fire is good enough since all you need is 3 shots and a melee for the kill. It really depends on the play style. At least grenades arn'nt an ass like in Reach where grenade whores were everywhere....that's ridiculous. So yes keep it.

I think grenadier is nice. I'm usually quite awful with grenades, but I want the protector helmet, so I forced myself to get better with them. That being said, I decided to try Explosives + Grenadier and Explosives + Resupply. Both were alot of fun, but I have to say Grenadier was better. Resupply is nice, not running out of grenades and all, so if you want killstreaks that last a long while, that might be best. However, Grenadier preforms better on most occasions in my opinion. The simple fact that you start with 3 gives a huge edge over over your opponents. When I fight someone around a corner, I usually wait for 2 grenades, then run around and start shooting. The same goes for opponents, really. What they don't expect is that last grenade. I've killed countless people like that. Not to mention the simple fact that with increased blast radius, 3 grenades can kill just about anyone. If you pick up grenades on the map, you can have up to 3 of each too... which is pretty fun throwing 8-9 grenades out at once not gonna lie haha. Any enclosed corridors like Adrift or small rooms like in Exile, the three together rack up multikills a lot for me.

Hey everyone! I have a question for you all!

One of the choices in the "Tactical Package" is an upgrade called Grenadier. I have noticed that sometimes a grenade will blow me up from a decent distance and deal significant damage. Right now I am using "Firepower" so I can have a close quarters weapons (which works amazingly well for me.) Now, as we all know these Perks all have a very important job. Do you guys believe the "Grenadier" is worth the sacrifice of a Secondary Primary weapon? Let me know if you do or do not and WHY?

-FaTaL

double primary weapons is redundant when you have bolt shot for close range and magnum for precision depending on what primary you use.

double primary weapons is redundant when you have bolt shot for close range and magnum for precision depending on what primary you use.

Depends, honestly. Bolt shot is definitely a beast of a weapon up close and personal, but you have to factor in other aspects of the game. How often will you be that close to an enemy, if you miss the first charged shot you may not have a chance to shoot a second shot, is the bolt shot really a reliable gun you can switch to in case you have to reload in the middle of a gun fight? Assault rifle is definitely going to stay my secondary weapon when using "Firepower." Thanks for all the input guys.

How about you set your primary weapon to the close quarters weapon you want, like the assault rifle, and then pick up the br or dmr off of someones dead body. Everyone uses a br or dmr, so if you equip an assault rifle you can switch your pistol out for one of those weapons pretty quickly. Its less likely the other way where you equip a br or dmr, you wont find all that many assault rifles on the map. You could try that out mate.

I think it's a pretty good trade-off.

Your Assault Rifle seems like a very situational weapon if you're using it as a secondary - and most of the time, you're probably going to be wanting to trade it away whenever you find a power weapon or get an ordinance drop anyway, so that's effectively a perk wasted. More importantly, if you have two general-purpose weapons, the time it takes to switch to whichever one suits your current situation best will probably get you killed, especially if you've taken any hits at all prior to that.

Better grenades are always worth it, especially if you take the Resupply perk so you can get a regular supply of new ones. And even if you're out of 'nades, you also get the passive bonus of less explosive damage in return, which can literally mean the difference between life and death. You constantly have at least one bonus, whereas you basically lose a perk whenever you take a new weapon with Firepower.

Unless you're particularly skilled with both of your current weapons and prefer powerups from your ordinance drops to new guns, I'd say ditch the second primary and go for the grenades!